Forum Mafia Game

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game
Aww, RIP Girlyman! Sad

RIP Leela
RIP Erxomai

Come on guys, do we at least have a policeman doing investigations? Any luck yet? Can you rule anyone out or point the finger at anyone yet? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 05:54 AM
I cast the first stone........

Vote: Filox.

I suspend my reasoning/evidence tactically and if quizzed about my decision will reply with.

"No Comment"

Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
02-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Ok, I see the draw to this game! This is new to me so forgive me for being being too analytical. But I guess that is the point. Right now I'm in Detroit trying to ignore the panhandlers that keep knocking on the side of my truck trying to relinquish me of my hard earned coinage. Reminds me of Carlos atm. They're so annoying! This game is a good distraction for me ;-)

I think I want to play this as honestly as possible. Kineo, you've played this before right? Wouldn't only a mafioso be trying to figure out who the cop is? Those comments make me suspicious of you. But, Carlos is obviously trying to draw attention to himself as if to dangle bait for an investigation of himself in hopes of reeling a cop in.

Am I the only one seeing this? (slight n00b rant)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2012, 06:52 AM
What ability does the mayor have? I can't find it anywhere in the help.
Is it like a governor? or politician? Just trying to figure out how his role would've altered the game. Every piece of info helps!

Carlo did cast the final lynching vote for Erx - though that in itself might not mean anything. Erx did look suspicious.

On the other hand Kineo and Girly were having a petty squabble and then Girly ends up dead? Or that's what the mafia want us to think... Probably reading too much into it.

Filox, whats with your laid back attitude? Two nights worth of investigations we really should have something by now. Or at least some alliances being formed. This isn't the time to just sit back. Dodgy

I think we should at least start seeing some patterns emerge by now.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
02-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Mayor has the ability to stop a lynch.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-06-2012, 07:14 AM
I think kineo is hamming it up. Seems very suspicious...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
(02-06-2012 07:14 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I think kineo is hamming it up. Seems very suspicious...

Yes I agree. It looks like he is trying to draw attention away from himself. But unlike Erx, he is doing it very discretely.

And to top it off, GirlyMan winds up dead just after they had a quarrel. Coincidence??

Vote: kineo
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
02-06-2012, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 08:22 AM by kineo.)
(02-06-2012 07:25 AM)Magoo Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 07:14 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I think kineo is hamming it up. Seems very suspicious...

Yes I agree. It looks like he is trying to draw attention away from himself. But unlike Erx, he is doing it very discretely.

And to top it off, GirlyMan winds up dead just after they had a quarrel. Coincidence??

Vote: kineo

I vote kineo too. That guy looks like another good innocent to string up! Grab your pitch forks everyone! Big Grin

I didn't think Girly and I were quarreling though, wasn't he just poking fun?

Personally, I'm suspicious of Carlo and his bumming for change. He hasn't really said much otherwise- but he did over some insight into the science behind rain.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
02-06-2012, 08:27 AM
He might be an undercover cop and a beggar is his cover...

And voting for yourself is exactly the move I expected!!! Except I didn't but now I do. All the more suspicious. I haven't decided yet but I'm okay with stringing up another innocent virtual life if it means saving other virtual lives!!!!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-06-2012, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 08:30 AM by kineo.)
(02-06-2012 06:19 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I think I want to play this as honestly as possible. Kineo, you've played this before right? Wouldn't only a mafioso be trying to figure out who the cop is? Those comments make me suspicious of you. But, Carlos is obviously trying to draw attention to himself as if to dangle bait for an investigation of himself in hopes of reeling a cop in.

Well that's the difficulty- everyone wants to know who the cop is, because the cop can provide solid answers if he's investigated someone- mafia? yea or nay . But once the cop is out he's got a big ol' target on his back from the mafia. The cop has to be very strategic about when he reveals his identity... but if he waits too long the mafia might randomly pick him to take out over night and what he's learned is all for nothing.

Then, of course, there's the problem of whether everyone will believe someone when they say they're a cop. Could just be mafia pretending, or they could be genuine.

This calls for strategery.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post