Forum Mafia Game

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
RE: Forum Mafia Game
Here's a list of all the people I've role blocked so far (in order from first night to last):

Erxomai
Filox
Magoo
Carlo

The only successful block to my knowledge was Magoo. That doesn't mean anyone on that list who is still alive (which actually is just Carlo and Filox) couldn't be mafia- except maybe Carlo because he's the only one that could have performed last night's hit and I blocked him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Just a heads up, if certain actions occur and certain people are killed the mafia can win in as little as the end of the next day phase.

In saying that if certain actions occur and certain people are killed the townsfolk can win in as little as this day phase.

No pressure.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-06-2012, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 11:04 AM by kineo.)
Here's a list of the people still alive in our dwindling town...

grasyKnoll - cop?
filox - priest?
bemore - inventor?
kineo - security guard?
thebeardedude - deputy?
ladyjane - princess?
carlo - drunkard?

*If thebeardeddude is really a deputy then our cop is still alive. That lends credence to GrassyKnoll being a cop as he claims. Of course, thebeardedude could be lying and claiming to have a role that he doesn't. If thebeardeddude is lying, that doesn't implicate GrassKnoll because the cop is not dependent upon there being a deputy. I think that the claim of thebeardeddude being deputy reinforces GrassyKnoll's claim of being a cop because it insists that there must be a cop for the deputy to not become a cop and since there is only one mafia left they cannot be working together and at least one of them is not lying. It doesn't eliminate the possibility that thebeardeddude could be lying but it does eliminate the possibility that GrassyKnoll could be lying.
*If filox is a priest then he can't vote to lynch someone that's actually going to get lynched, and as far as I can tell he hasn't done that. That lends credence to him being a priest but he could still be lying.
*I was the security guard on duty the night Magoo was killed, though I don't appear to have pulled the trigger.
*Bemore claimed to be an other (inventor), and his story is corroborated by earmuff's mention of an inventor.
*I suspected Carlo and put a block on him this last night phase and itsacow was still murdered.

So that leaves thebeardeddude, layjane, and filox as my possible suspects.
08-06-2012, 11:06 AM
(08-06-2012 09:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  FILOX!!!!

Vote: filox
Why filox? What's your thought process behind that?
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Does that mean it has to be LadyJane?

vote: none

I'm going to have to think about this a bit more.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Filox always seemed a bit creepy and suspicious, but now that I know he is the priest, it all makes sense.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
08-06-2012, 11:46 AM
(08-06-2012 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Does that mean it has to be LadyJane?

vote: none

I'm going to have to think about this a bit more.

I don't know... the role of princess is a passive role, not an active one. So it wouldn't leave a trail of activity to reference.
*The same is true for Carlo- but I rule him out because I blocked him and someone still died.
*Your role, thebeardeddude, is also passive until the cop dies. This could be well-played by you, but my thinking is that you would have wanted to take out the cop overnight to make yourself look like the cop today if you were mafia.
*Filox is sort of passive in that he doesn't do something rather than actively doing something.
*GrassyKnoll has posted activity as a cop which I now believe to be actual information he got from earmuffs in his night activity.
*Bemore has been all over the place, but again- his story is backed by what earmuffs said, otherwise I might suspect him too.

I think ladyjane is the only one here who doesn't have an actual role history to point to for support in their story, except Carlo (who I think has had his suspicion eliminated), and thebeardeddude- who could still be mafia but it looks likely to me at the moment. Lastly Filox could also be lying very well, playing at being a priest as a plan from the beginning and sticking to it pretty well.

Vote: Lady Jane.
08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Vote: Ladyjane

A mafia princess perhaps?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
I still stand by my offer of checking me out, seriously! Just an FYI too, if you vote me then there are two night time phases and you'll lose two more townies- that'll be three townies and I think that'd be a wrap Sad

I suspect Filox, Carlos or Bearded dude.
08-06-2012, 12:04 PM
How come Grassyknoll just get items, like a their, instead of innocent or guilty that a cop comes up with? Been wondering for awhile... But you're right that bearded dudes story kind of lines up with grassy knolls.

I think either Filox or Carlos.

Vote: Filox. Have to start somewhere.