Forum Management Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Forum Management Change
The past couple of days have brought a significant change to our forum. Our fearless leader, Stark Raving, has decided to step down as co-Admin. Nor will we see him much, if at all, as a member. He didn't want to make a big deal of things, which leaves me trying to put words in his mouth to explain his departure. After close to three years here at TTA, Stark has decided move on. It's my hope that he just needs a break and will return, but in the meantime he won't be participating in the place he helped to create (largely by his own efforts early on).

You may also have noticed that at least two other long-time members have also decided to opt out. Again, hopefully just to take a break, but possibly for good. I don't think there is ever one reason that goes into a decision to leave, but the boiling point has centered around the growth of this forum leading to inevitable change leading to tensions on how to best adapt to the influxes of new and diverse people coming to the forum. Some people would like to see stricter controls for Forum Management and others want a return to the more laissez-faire management style this forum was founded upon. At this point, no changes are planned, but the Forum Management Team will be taking a close look at our current forum rules and will determine whether or not changes need to be made moving forward.

Additionally, you may also have noticed that DeepThought has been absent from the forum and we miss his expertise to keep things running smoothly on a technical level. To fill in for him, we decided to hit Chas over the head when he wasn't looking and when he woke up, he was the new Tech Dude for our forum. He's already been working behind the scenes a bit, and now we'll officially make him the Man Behind The Curtain (which means you may pay no attention to him). Smile

This place is a community and all communities that I'm aware of have an ebb and a flow to them. When people are involved, organizations rarely remain static. That means change is almost always inevitable. Some change can be unwelcome and other times change is eagerly anticipated. But change is also almost always stressful. And just as people are different, people react differently to change. It is my hope that you won't find these recent changes too stressful, but if you do, you're encouraged to talk about it with the forum. It is also my hope that as best we can, we will support one another in keeping this community solid, yet at the same time remembering the words of Stark, that this forum isn't going to be for everyone. But for those of us who are here, the TTA Forum is for all of us and I hope you'll see this place as a bit of an extended family, warts and all.

In the meantime, in the words of the great Alexander Haig,
[Image: 32609986.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
29-12-2012, 07:15 AM
RE: Forum Management Change
*Sigh* ok....

Least we still got you. Gonna' kick Stark's ass when he comes back for a visit....

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 07:15 AM
It's a shame to hear for some of our own leaving, surly they will be sorely missed. But as the tides move, so must the fish. If our little community does not change, it will simply stagnate. It's all part of the continuing process.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
29-12-2012, 07:22 AM
As per tradition, members of the forum will now enter into a battle royale, to the death, in which the survivors will become the new admins. Aaand GO!
[+] 4 users Like PoolBoyG's post
29-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Sad to see Stark go Sad

Good luck to the team Smile
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
29-12-2012, 07:36 AM
(29-12-2012 07:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  In the meantime, in the words of the great Alexander Haig,
That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude. Also, a tactical misrepresentation.

Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Um, I just woke up. Huh? Shocking

Please pay no attention to me; and get that little dog off of my leg. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm kinda' surprised that more people haven't yet responded to this announcement....

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
29-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, for my list of demands.

First, my demands for Chas.
1) I want a sound byte to play every time I submit a post. I want it to say "That was amazing, a true masterpiece." I will however settle for "I love you" as said by Sean Connery.
2) This color scheme is all wrong. It should be black on black with a rainbow background.

In general, my other demands are that I;
1) Be allowed to access everyone else's accounts so I can personally change the info in their "about me" section. For instance, I would change it to, "You won't understand anything I say at first" for HoC and "I am really just a big teddy bear with a beating heart" for Girly.
2) Be given a brand new Alienware laptop, courtesy of everyone's donations and not from all the money the forum members are hoarding.

On a more serious note. One thing I would like to see on the mobile side is the ability to see my liked posts and the likes I have given to other posts. As of right now, I can see all of my posts, but I can't see who has liked what and I can't see my likes. Any way to turn that on?

Since I have begun to exercise my use of the "ignore" function, I have not really found any need for the removal of anyone. But I will say that Egor is becoming more than just annoying. He seems to have taken part of his posts on here on as a personal means by which to attack some new members and discourage them from speaking up about their doubt and disbelief. I can ignore Egor. I don't care what he says to me, but some may find what he says to be not only idiotic, but hurtful. Not asking for a ban or anything, but at the very least, it would be nice to see admins discuss this with him. This is, I think, intended to be a forum for not only everyone, but primarily atheists who need somewhere to discuss what they are going through.

Evolve
[+] 10 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-12-2012, 09:52 AM
(29-12-2012 09:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  One thing I would like to see on the mobile side...

Ah, ya blew it. Only dweebs use the moble version. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post