Forum Management Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 09:05 PM
RE: Forum Management Change
(29-12-2012 02:53 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I am curious as to who left the forums. I am barely on here considering and I still have the time to hang around and post a post once and a while.
I believe in you Erxy, I believe in your ability to fuck us over lead.

Yea, what A2 said.

Change happens, we're just evolving... we're privileged to know each other and lucky to have been here at all. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
31-12-2012, 03:36 AM

I want to say that I may not be spending as much time here as I have. I am starting a forum of my own, a writers forum with a section for writing, one for political debate, one for religious debate, and one for rating other forums.

What's so ironic is that I was inspired to do that by this forum, which I have been contributing to financially. I really liked the free speech that was afforded me, and the protection I received from the admin when a lot of members were trying to get me banned. If there are significant changes to the rules, I doubt I would be welcome here any longer. I have been banned from every other atheist group I've been in. And I will not change.

If this forum continues to allow me the freedom of speech I have had, I will continue to donate to it financially, but if it gets heavy-handed, then I'm out.

I mean seriously, look at this quote by Bearded Dude:

But I will say that Egor is becoming more than just annoying. He seems to have taken part of his posts on here on as a personal means by which to attack some new members and discourage them from speaking up about their doubt and disbelief. I can ignore Egor. I don't care what he says to me, but some may find what he says to be not only idiotic, but hurtful. Not asking for a ban or anything, but at the very least, it would be nice to see admins discuss this with him. This is, I think, intended to be a forum for not only everyone, but primarily atheists who need somewhere to discuss what they are going through.

There are a zillion atheist forums where atheists can get together and commiserate. This one was the only one that allowed free speech for theists. But here where changes are being discussed my name pops up as if I'm the whole reason you have to change.

I'm still constructing my forum, and working very hard on it, and I hope in a week or so, I will be able to announce it. I don't think it will compete with this forum, or that is to say I didn't think it would compete, but that depends on how the rules change. My forum will be a writers forum, but many people interested in political debate or religious debate also entertain the idea of writing about it at some point, so they seem to go together.
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Wow. A reasonable response.

That is a first experience for me.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
31-12-2012, 03:48 AM

(31-12-2012 03:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wow. A reasonable response.

Be it far from me to wax arrogant, but I'm actually a pretty smart person. Just sayin... Drinking Beverage

There is shtick and reality, and I pity those who can't tell the difference.
31-12-2012, 04:32 AM
(31-12-2012 03:48 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 03:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wow. A reasonable response.

Be it far from me to wax arrogant, but I'm actually a pretty smart person. Just sayin... Drinking Beverage

There is shtick and reality, and I pity those who can't tell the difference.
[Image: smiley-face-poke.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Don't worry Egor, I won't let them do anything to you.

[Image: 00026932.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
31-12-2012, 04:36 AM

I sent Stark Raving a PM, I wonder if he will come back and read it. Stark Raving was always very cool to me and really stuck up for me in the past. He doesn't list an e-mail address or homepage, so I guess if he doesn't read this post or his PM's I'll never hear from him again, and that would really suck. Really suck. Weeping
31-12-2012, 04:40 AM
C'mon Egor, relax, no one is going to fuck this up, or throw you out.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
31-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Yes, the comical value is too great to waste!

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-12-2012, 05:20 AM
(31-12-2012 04:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  C'mon Egor, relax, no one is going to fuck this up, or throw you out.

Actually we're already on the verge of the fucking things up part. That much is evident.

Plus I can see why Egor is worried. As we seem to be moving towards banning people for being unpopular he would have been in danger of that in the past, maybe again someday.

Also, wanna quote this "There are a zillion atheist forums where atheists can get together and commiserate. This one was the only one that allowed free speech for theists."!

There are a zillion atheist forums that offer protection from personal attacks and one that doesn't. If people have an issue with personal attacks maybe they should go one of the forums that doesn't allow them rather than change the one forum that is different into another carbon copy.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.