Forum Management Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 05:22 AM

RE: Forum Management Change
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I want to be around if Stark Raving isn't around. I donated my time and money because of him--no one else. My free speech was assured because of his administrator status. Without him, I'll be banned in a month. Or worse, the mods will start messing with my avatar or signature just like they did at Raving Atheist and just like you all did here until I complained and SR put an end to it directly.

This is terrible news.
Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 05:27 AM

(31-12-2012 05:20 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 04:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  C'mon Egor, relax, no one is going to fuck this up, or throw you out.

Actually we're already on the verge of the fucking things up part. That much is evident.

Plus I can see why Egor is worried. As we seem to be moving towards banning people for being unpopular he would have been in danger of that in the past, maybe again someday.

Also, wanna quote this "There are a zillion atheist forums where atheists can get together and commiserate. This one was the only one that allowed free speech for theists."!

There are a zillion atheist forums that offer protection from personal attacks and one that doesn't. If people have an issue with personal attacks maybe they should go one of the forums that doesn't allow them rather than change the one forum that is different into another carbon copy.

Well said, Hughsie.

It's funny, because the mods are talking about the forum growing and all that, and then they want to go and make it into the same kinds of forums out there that don't grow. The reason it's growing is because it isn't like the others. In my humble opinion.
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post
31-12-2012, 05:28 AM
(31-12-2012 05:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I want to be around if Stark Raving isn't around. I donated my time and money because of him--no one else. My free speech was assured because of his administrator status. Without him, I'll be banned in a month. Or worse, the mods will start messing with my avatar or signature just like they did at Raving Atheist and just like you all did here until I complained and SR put an end to it directly.

This is terrible news.

What, we never messed with anything on your profile or any of your posts? Surely no-one here did that?

By the way send me a PM when you get your new forum running. I'd like to see it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 05:31 AM
(31-12-2012 05:28 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 05:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure I want to be around if Stark Raving isn't around. I donated my time and money because of him--no one else. My free speech was assured because of his administrator status. Without him, I'll be banned in a month. Or worse, the mods will start messing with my avatar or signature just like they did at Raving Atheist and just like you all did here until I complained and SR put an end to it directly.

This is terrible news.

What, we never messed with anything on your profile or any of your posts? Surely no-one here did that?

By the way send me a PM when you get your new forum running. I'd like to see it.
Somebody put a dunce cap on his avatar. I remember it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
31-12-2012, 05:31 AM

(31-12-2012 05:28 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  What, we never messed with anything on your profile or any of your posts? Surely no-one here did that?

Yeah, I must have imagined it.

Hughsie, what position are you on this forum? I see your name in purple. What does that mean?
31-12-2012, 05:32 AM
(31-12-2012 05:31 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, I must have imagined it.

Hughsie, what position are you on this forum? I see your name in purple. What does that mean?

I'm supposed to be pink but I suppose it can look a little purpley.

Pink is for moderator.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
31-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Hughsie, you are taking this way out proportion.

He wasn't banned simply because he was unpopular.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-12-2012, 06:01 AM
(31-12-2012 05:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hughsie, you are taking this way out proportion.

Actually, as someone who can actually access the FMT section and has been fully involved in recent events, I can assure you he was.

Best
Worst
31-12-2012, 06:08 AM
(31-12-2012 06:01 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 05:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hughsie, you are taking this way out proportion.

Actually, as someone who can actually access the FMT section and has been fully involved in recent events, I can assure you he was.
So the PMs and threats he made to Anje count for nothing then? It was all 100% down to popularity (or lack of). Forget our actual valued members, none of that matters or was even taken into account.
Lovely.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-12-2012, 06:10 AM
In fact, fuck it, lets be more transparent.

The thing with Anjele had nothing to do with his banning. We had decided that we didn't feel it was a bannable offence. Then, last night, he was perceived to have been gloating about Stark's departure. That pissed of certain people who then dredged back up a dead issue in an attempt to justify banning him. Finally, when others of us objected one of them went behind everyone's backs and banned him. Erx hasn't even been online since this thing began.

You really wanna celebrate and promote such a shambolic series of events? Is that really how you want this place run in the future?

Think of all the people who could be at risk by mods acting like that. All earmuffs need do is irritate one of us and his racism accusation gets dredged up and he gets banned for it. Call me old fashioned but I'm not really in favour of that.

Best
Worst
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post