Forum Management Ponderings....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Forum Management Ponderings....
(02-01-2015 10:15 AM)Rik Wrote:  You really aren't doing this at all well.

Hey, you're STILL reading the posts that you claim are so completely worthless. Congratulations!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 10:47 AM
(02-01-2015 10:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm not seeing the value. Replace arbitrary bonus's with more complex arbitrary benefits that very few people would desire use for anyway? Not something that seems ideally fit for the forum choice of those who interact amongst other people

You have a point. The evidence pretty surely suggests that the average forum user (not just on this forum) won't understand or give a crap about any of this, because all they really want is a chat room where they can let off steam etc.

The thing is though, there is no law of nature which requires that forum software be used ONLY for serving this particular audience.

What I've been SLOW to grasp is that there is little point in discussing these ideas on forums, because the folks I'm looking for abandoned the forum realm long ago.

I am working behind the scenes to address this failure of mine and we shall see what happens.
02-01-2015, 10:47 AM
(02-01-2015 10:41 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 10:15 AM)Rik Wrote:  You really aren't doing this at all well.

Hey, you're STILL reading the posts that you claim are so completely worthless. Congratulations!

When did I make that claim? You're still not doing well.
02-01-2015, 10:49 AM
(02-01-2015 10:47 AM)Rik Wrote:  When did I make that claim? You're still not doing well.

Ok, fair enough. So are my posts worth reading or not? Your actions say they are. What do your words say?

Oh please don't give us a waffle sandwich. Thank you very much.
02-01-2015, 10:52 AM
(02-01-2015 10:49 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 10:47 AM)Rik Wrote:  When did I make that claim? You're still not doing well.

Ok, fair enough. So are my posts worth reading or not? Your actions say they are. What do your words say?

Oh please don't give us a waffle sandwich. Thank you very much.

Probably for the entertainment value. Drinking Beverage