Forum Newbie - NEED HELP! Please help a fellow atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: Forum Newbie - NEED HELP! Please help a fellow atheist
(16-01-2012 02:09 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Trying to argue with a woman is a lost battle my friend

Even if you win, you still lose

Truer words have never been spoken.

I literally got called "annoying" last night for eating an orange. She's pregnant, though, so I let it slide.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
16-01-2012, 02:13 PM
How many words you want?
1 - why
2 - sola fides
3 - love is void
4 - i am 4
Last one journeyman-prophet-style. I get that from being insane. Atheism I get from being rational. Starting from finish, "I am 4" restates both "I have not come to change the law but rather fulfill the law" that any "new" prophecy contains all the "old" prophecy; and that "I and my father (4 or YHWH) are one." That is the ideal "rest state" of the Christian - to be with Holy Spirit - rather than a claim to "have" Holy Spirit," which invariably leads the Christian to give credence to evil. 4 is atheism not in the sense of "lack of god," but rather a sense that "god" can only be "fulfilled" in "I am that I am;" to the self, in faith.

Which of course references those 4 in entirety. Love is Void covers the physical sciences - what is love is unconditional (the "works of faith" where "god is love" is being in faith") - "I" is the mortal condition of love which is simultaneously "righteousness" as there is no higher moral that "I love," and "sinful" as the imperfection of man is to be at most become "image of god" rather than god - another thing the Christian continually overlooks. This is science in the sense of being a theory of I, updated daily through living the hypothesis of today. Sola fides - salvation through faith alone - puts the Christian right back in the cage. Faith is simply a word referencing integrity and sincerity. The default assumption of Christian is "I am required to save another's soul," contrasted by atheism's unwritten credo that "I am required to save another's mind. The first assumes damnation, the second, ignorance. From Love is Void, both contentions speak of a "lack" in "you" that is "fulfilled by I." As the mathematics clearly indicate, the state of unity (1, one, or I) remains essentially unchanged with the addition by zero and can furthermore be simplified 1 + 0 = 1. In no manner does the addition of ones and zeros equate to the imaginary number i, which can be seen theologically as a "without god" contention; itself the only possible rationalization of "hell," "without god." Before the Christian starts flapping their gums, "without" is supposedly assumed; before the atheist does the same; "lack of belief." The state of unity is humanity; religion does not add to unity but rather produce sect and divide.

Division ends with "I love you." Leaving why.

Why? These words? Because what I do is write. Brace yourself like a man, and question me, and I will answer you; states YHWH (a.k.a. 4) in Job 38 (the oldest scripture of the "Hebrew" line. You asked, I answered; fulfillment. Why did you ask? Because we are made of why, and love; whereas the conditional of "I" added to love invariably leads to you. The "Satan" in the word is "death;" the "God" eternal life. And I ask you, are we dead? No, we are questioning; together, as one.

Will be done. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-01-2012, 02:16 PM
KC has the divine power to distinguish literal from figurative translation.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-01-2012, 02:17 PM
(16-01-2012 02:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  KC has the divine power to distinguish literal from figurative translation.

That or common sense.

16-01-2012, 02:32 PM
(16-01-2012 02:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-01-2012 02:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  KC has the divine power to distinguish literal from figurative translation.

That or common sense.

We can rule out the common sense, so must be GT is right. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Tell this girl to research on her own how the bible was put together, when the first one appeared, why it was made, what letters did it contain, what language was it written in, how many translations has it had, how many times has it been edited to add things to it or remove things from it, what tests can be preformed to see if a book was divinely inspired by god or not, why isn't "thou shall not rape" or "thou shall not enslave" in the ten commandments ? Does she thinks that human beings for the past 200,000 years didn't have any laws against killing, stealing or raping ? Does she believe that people living 50,000 years ago in villages didn't love their children as we do now, didn't teach them or protect them and give them the morals that were common to the people at the time ?

Do not hurt me
Do not hurt your brothers
Do not hurt others, unless they try to hurt you
You will pay attention to my words and the words of our leader
You will behave as others behave in this village or this village will not be your home.

It is the cooperation & empathy that we have as a species that lead to our rise in the animal kingdom.
Our genetic ability to grasp items in our hands coupled with our brains ability to grasp ideas helped us to become the powerhouse we are today.
Her belief in the supernatural as an explanation for anything is truly an explanation of nothing.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
16-01-2012, 02:40 PM
@KC

The references to a flat and stationary earth, metaphors or not, are numerous. While there is only one mention of a "circle earth" (Isaiah 40:22) in the same passage that the inhabitants are grasshoppers, and zero references to an orbit. At best, "God" believed the earth was a circular disk.

There are just too many "I will grab the earth by its corners and shake the evil free as if shaking dust from a blanket" and too much vagaries on the other side. "Well it says the night followed the day, which clearly suggests that the earth rotated on an axis."

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

and

"The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth."
"Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory."

Nothing is visible to all the earth unless that earth is flat. So on and so forth.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
16-01-2012, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 02:58 PM by houseofcantor.)
(16-01-2012 02:09 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Trying to argue with a woman is a lost battle my friend

Male chauvinist. Big Grin

This traditional truism shall be falsified once morality is understood as emotional context. So sayeth the prophet. Angel
KC - completely normal - that's me doing ROLFing. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-01-2012, 03:11 PM
(16-01-2012 02:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Truer words have never been spoken.

I literally got called "annoying" last night for eating an orange. She's pregnant, though, so I let it slide.

Oh... you better have offered her a slice, man.
I mean, you survived so far, but ... don't even think we don't add that shit up. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-01-2012, 04:33 PM
(16-01-2012 02:40 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

And again, this was simply showing the power of God in a figurative way.

Quote:"The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth."

...ummm, you do know this is taken from when Nebuchadnezzar was describing his dream, right? This is pretty out-of-context.

Quote:"Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory."

There are several explanations for this, but the two that are most likely are:

1) it was a vision
2) the original Greek leans towards the known world