Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-01-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?
(22-01-2014 07:29 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

Quote:You sly cat didn't actually think I was going to let you get away with this, did you?

That is the sentence in its original form. Read it and weep.

[Image: 57334409_grammatik_macht_frei.jpg]
I'm obviously not disputing that that is how I worded my statement; I deny your claim that my wording is grammatically incorrect until proven otherwise (hence [Citation needed]). [Image: vG3fPew.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 07:43 PM
(22-01-2014 07:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:29 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That is the sentence in its original form. Read it and weep.

[Image: 57334409_grammatik_macht_frei.jpg]
I'm obviously not disputing that that is how I worded my statement; I deny your claim that my wording is grammatically incorrect until proven otherwise (hence [Citation needed]). [Image: vG3fPew.gif]

Okay, so I sounded it out and made "cat" plural and realized it sounded fine that way. So I guess grammatically you are still correct, but it's just awkward syntax to not break the sentence when addressing a singular subject and add another "you" to clarify.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is SATZLEHRE MACHT FREI!

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-01-2014, 07:49 PM
(22-01-2014 07:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Okay, so I sounded out and made "cat" plural and realized it sounded fine that way. So I guess grammatically you are still correct, but it's just awkward syntax to not break the sentence when addressing a singular subject and add another "you" to clarify.

I was surprised to see that you consider this to be an issue in the first place because this wording is commonly used in my experience.

Another example:
You idiot didn't actually spill your drink, did you?
You idiot, you didn't actually spill your drink, did you?

The second variation sounds queer to me when spoken out loud, though both are grammatically correct. Consider

22-01-2014, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 07:55 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(22-01-2014 07:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Okay, so I sounded out and made "cat" plural and realized it sounded fine that way. So I guess grammatically you are still correct, but it's just awkward syntax to not break the sentence when addressing a singular subject and add another "you" to clarify.

I was surprised to see that you consider this to be an issue in the first place because this wording is commonly used in my experience.

Another example:
You idiot didn't actually spill your drink, did you?
You idiot, you didn't actually spill your drink, did you?

The second variation sounds queer to me when spoken out loud, though both are grammatically correct. Consider

Oh, but on the contrary, I find the latter to be much smoother both verbally and written. Tongue It's because you added a descriptive noun right after the first "you," and it sounds like the sentence is following the descriptive noun more so than the subject itself (even though they are technically the same) if you don't break it. Although if the subject/ descriptive noun is plural, then in that case I find breaking the sentence to be the more awkward option.

22-01-2014, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 08:05 PM by Vosur.)
(22-01-2014 07:52 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh, but on the contrary, I find the latter to be much smoother both verbally and written. Tongue It's because you added a descriptive noun right after the first "you," and it sounds more like the sentence is following the descriptive noun the the subject itself (even though they are technically the same) if you don't break it.
I suppose it comes down to personal preference, which means that you can shove that "Grammatik macht frei." image right back up your ass. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-01-2014, 07:56 PM
(22-01-2014 07:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:52 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh, but on the contrary, I find the latter to be much smoother both verbally and written. Tongue It's because you added a descriptive noun right after the first "you," and it sounds more like the sentence is following the descriptive noun the the subject itself (even though they are technically the same) if you don't break it.
I suppose it comes down to personal preference, which means that you can shove that "Grammatik macht frei." image right back up your ass. Big Grin

I know, which is why I replaced it with "syntax makes you free" instead. Tongue

22-01-2014, 08:02 PM
(22-01-2014 07:56 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I know, which is why I replaced it with "syntax makes you free" instead. Tongue
So you can wash your filthy pussy. Wash off your filthy pussy.

P.S.: Stop editing your posts, bitch. Angry

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-01-2014, 08:13 PM
(22-01-2014 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 02:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  pick up my newest Search dog in 3 more weeks!!! So pumped!!!

What's a Search dog? A Search and Rescue dog?

Yup. I run a charity foundation that serves the community by providing search and rescue services in my spare time. Missing children, hikers, hunters, Alzheimer's patients.

My oldest is about 2 years from retiring and it takes that long to train a new one. I always have two dogs in working rotation.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
22-01-2014, 08:15 PM
(22-01-2014 05:48 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 02:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  pick up my newest Search dog in 3 more weeks!!! So pumped!!!
My aunt Cathy is like 70, so in my mind I always figured you were around that age. Guess I was wrong! Smile

Dude I'm only 31!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
22-01-2014, 08:18 PM
(22-01-2014 04:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

[Image: 2zBa25U.gif] (subtle compliment)

Um...thanks I guess. I can't tell if it's masturbating or punching itself in the chin. I assume the former.

[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post