Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?
(27-06-2015 11:47 PM)pizzaqueen Wrote:  [img][Image: 21b7y1y.jpg][/img]

Heart Rainbow Vomit

my roommate is one big ole faggot Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-06-2015, 04:20 AM
Damnit, Ferdinand, I knew you were too cute to be straight! Tongue

(Yes, I know you said Roommate. Just bein' silly.)

I really am excited about this SCotUS decision. Not sure which makes me happier, the fact that the USA has taken a step toward joining the 21st century, or the Terrible Wailing Sound coming from my relatives and all their hyper-conservative bigot friends. Bad week for Rednecks.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2015, 05:43 AM
Yak -- the .50 -- do they have to put a barrel restrictor in for it to function with blanks or does it develop enough pressure to cycle without?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2015, 06:13 AM
(28-06-2015 05:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yak -- the .50 -- do they have to put a barrel restrictor in for it to function with blanks or does it develop enough pressure to cycle without?

It does use a giant blank firing adapter. Whether or not and how well it would function without I'm not sure, never tried or even looked into it. Our BFAs actually don't fit the barrels we typically use, so we also carry different barrels for blanks and live fire.

'Murican Canadian
28-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Yak - Meant to say earlier... nice work on the camouflage! Hiding a whole Humvee so that it still has full operational field of fire is no small matter. No sign of netting, though... y'all weren't worried about IR/aerial-IIR detection in that exercise?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2015, 03:31 PM
(28-06-2015 01:48 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Yak - Meant to say earlier... nice work on the camouflage! Hiding a whole Humvee so that it still has full operational field of fire is no small matter. No sign of netting, though... y'all weren't worried about IR/aerial-IIR detection in that exercise?

It was definitely a concern, but our primary role was recon. We would certainly attack any OPFOR recon element we were reasonably certain we could defeat, but we also wanted to be immediately mobile if necessary. With the setup we had, we could just drive right out and be on the road in a matter of seconds, no disassembly required. We weren't looking to dig in, just pick on targets of opportunity while we happened to be out there, ideally denying the enemy the ability to do their own recon, but staying away from the larger scale fight that was inevitable. If compromised by a superior force in a contested area, we would have simply got the hell out of there.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-06-2015, 04:02 PM
(28-06-2015 03:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It was definitely a concern, but our primary role was recon. We would certainly attack any OPFOR recon element we were reasonably certain we could defeat, but we also wanted to be immediately mobile if necessary. With the setup we had, we could just drive right out and be on the road in a matter of seconds, no disassembly required. We weren't looking to dig in, just pick on targets of opportunity while we happened to be out there, ideally denying the enemy the ability to do their own recon, but staying away from the larger scale fight that was inevitable. If compromised by a superior force in a contested area, we would have simply got the hell out of there.

Gotcha. I have enjoyed seeing exercises where IFVs and Humvees are hauling ass down the road, trailing shredded bits of anti-IR netting they failed to remove before stomping on the gas when the radio screamed at them... I thought perhaps the practice had been discontinued due to expense! (Kidding!)

I attended USAFA for a year, before a medical problem resulted in an early DD214, with an eye on flying the A-10, and was already highly familiar with the 917th TFW, the A-10 unit at Barksdale AFB, which was near where I went to High School and commanded the school's JROTC troop (as a good extracurricular for my resumé, to help in getting into the Academy, mainly), so I tend to think of tactical exercises in terms of how they'll look from the air. But CAS/BAI aircraft wouldn't likely mess with a detached recon element, anyway, unless it was necessary to clear the way without detection. Hard to hide from overhead Imaging InfraRed gear, nowdays, anyway. It was just a point that picqued my curiousity, since you'd gone to such effort at visual camo.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2015, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 04:48 PM by yakherder.)
(28-06-2015 04:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It was just a point that picqued my curiousity, since you'd gone to such effort at visual camo.

I don't think there's a soldier alive that doesn't love the close air support the A10 provides, or an enemy that doesn't fear it's unmistakable sounds Smile

It actually didn't take very long. Maybe 3 minutes of work with my machete hacking down a few leafy branches directly behind the vehicle, then I went to work doing my best to stand up or get rid of the plants we'd knocked down while pulling off the road while the TC placed the branches we'd gathered with input from the gunner. Maybe 10 minutes for the initial setup and some adjustments here and there.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-06-2015, 05:17 PM
(28-06-2015 04:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't think there's a soldier alive that doesn't love the close air support the A10 provides, or an enemy that doesn't fear it's unmistakable sounds Smile

Yeah, that's why I loved it. I learned that all A-10 drivers have to operate as foot soldiers for training and during battle, so that the units they are supporting "closely" will benefit from a FAC who actually knows what the situation looks like from the air when talking to the CAS, and vice versa. Everyone else at USAFA seemed to want to drive the "sexy" aircraft, or else wanted the heavies as a potential catapult into airline work after they did their stint. Academy training was hard, especially in summer and on weekends; we weren't the pansies portrayed in popular lore ("wing wipers"), as we had constant FTX plus flight/jump training, plus a required sport for all (luckily I was able to keep studying my since-childhood martial arts training as my "sports" option), plus full time Ivy-League-level college coursework... but I'd definitely say most guys did not relish the ground pounding part as much as I did. Then again, since I loved the 'Hog so much, I had more motivation to learn that stuff... and I loved it. I really wish I hadn't gotten sick. Sad

(28-06-2015 04:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It actually didn't take very long. Maybe 3 minutes of work with my machete hacking down a few leafy branches directly behind the vehicle, then I went to work doing my best to stand up or get rid of the plants we'd knocked down while pulling off the road while the TC placed the branches we'd gathered with input from the gunner. Maybe 10 minutes for the initial setup and some adjustments here and there.

Bah! Granted I've spent less time in the Humvee than you have (they were still mainly using old-model Jeeps, when I was there in the Springs back in '94-'95, and we were just starting to receive the Humvees), but it's not as easy to camouflage those things effectively as you're making it out to be. You had a good team and a lot more experience. That's a good camo job, no matter how long it took you. So just take an electronic bow, damnit! Tongue

28-06-2015, 08:48 PM
(28-06-2015 05:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Everyone else at USAFA seemed to want to drive the "sexy" aircraft, or else wanted the heavies as a potential catapult into airline work after they did their stint.

I guess everyone has a different opinion on exactly what is sexy, and to the typical ground pounder that A10 trademark brrrrrrrrt is pretty damn hot Smile

Quote:but I'd definitely say most guys did not relish the ground pounding part as much as I did.

Sure isn't for everyone. You can't be all right in the head and enjoy this shit, there has to be something a little bit wrong with you Evil_monster A predatory instinct and a desire to experience misery just so you can say you conquered it is a good start. I actually kind of went in the opposite direction as everyone else. I started with the nice cushy office job as a cryptologist and somehow ended up moving over to something generally thought of as much less desirable. What can I say? I get restless.

Quote:Bah! Granted I've spent less time in the Humvee than you have (they were still mainly using old-model Jeeps, when I was there in the Springs back in '94-'95, and we were just starting to receive the Humvees), but it's not as easy to camouflage those things effectively as you're making it out to be. You had a good team and a lot more experience. That's a good camo job, no matter how long it took you. So just take an electronic bow, damnit! Tongue

Fair enough lol. To that end, I'll have to pass on some of that credit to Vermont just for being what it is. These guys are born hunters and learned camo and stealth about the same time they learned to walk, and my childhood in Washington State and Alaska wasn't much different.

'Murican Canadian