Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?
(28-06-2015 08:48 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Fair enough lol. To that end, I'll have to pass on some of that credit to Vermont just for being what it is. These guys are born hunters and learned camo and stealth about the same time they learned to walk, and my childhood in Washington State and Alaska wasn't much different.

Know what you mean... I grew up almost entirely in southeast Georgia and in Louisiana. We Southerners are all but born with rifles in our hands. That's why so many of us join up. If anything, I was the weirdo for wanting to fly. In Louisiana, one of the first three questions a person asks you is, "What do you hunt?" (Not DO you hunt.)

I knew I'd qualify Expert on the rifle, since I've been banging away with the .223 round since I could crawl into the first firing position, but I had never actually held a pistol before, and told the instructor so at the beginning of the day we went out to the range. When I wound up making a perfect score with the pistol, he came over to me angrily (because part of the Academy oath is, "I will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does"), to demand an answer for how I did it, if I had never held a gun in my hand. I replied, "Well, Sergeant, I played a whole lot of Nintendo Duck Hunt as a kid, and other than that I just did what you told me to do." (True.)

Soon after my diagnosis and discharge, my friends took me to see Forrest Gump, which was still in the dollar theatre in our hometown. When Forrest answers "Gump! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly?!" with "Because you told me to, Drill Sergeant!", I barked a laugh so loud the whole audience turned to stare daggers at me, and all my friends ducked low and pretended they weren't with me. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2015, 09:11 PM
(28-06-2015 09:00 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 08:48 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Fair enough lol. To that end, I'll have to pass on some of that credit to Vermont just for being what it is. These guys are born hunters and learned camo and stealth about the same time they learned to walk, and my childhood in Washington State and Alaska wasn't much different.

Know what you mean... I grew up almost entirely in southeast Georgia and in Louisiana. We Southerners are all but born with rifles in our hands. That's why so many of us join up. If anything, I was the weirdo for wanting to fly. In Louisiana, one of the first three questions a person asks you is, "What do you hunt?" (Not DO you hunt.)

I knew I'd qualify Expert on the rifle, since I've been banging away with the .223 round since I could crawl into the first firing position, but I had never actually held a pistol before, and told the instructor so at the beginning of the day we went out to the range. When I wound up making a perfect score with the pistol, he came over to me angrily (because part of the Academy oath is, "I will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does"), to demand an answer for how I did it, if I had never held a gun in my hand. I replied, "Well, Sergeant, I played a whole lot of Nintendo Duck Hunt as a kid, and other than that I just did what you told me to do." (True.)

Soon after my diagnosis and discharge, my friends took me to see Forrest Gump, which was still in the dollar theatre in our hometown. When Forrest answers "Gump! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly?!" with "Because you told me to, Drill Sergeant!", I barked a laugh so loud the whole audience turned to stare daggers at me, and all my friends ducked low and pretended they weren't with me. Laugh out load

Only makes sense to do what you're good at Smile I also didn't initially have any real experience with handguns. I only qualified with them because being qualified while in the Navy was worth promotion points, and recently because it's more relevant as I begin to switch my focus to private security for the civilian portion of my career, even though I intend to stay in the Army on drill status until they kick my old ass out.

I got my first bb gun and rifle style crossbow before I was 10, and my first Winchester 94 when I turned 10. In Washington, it was something you could realistically call a sport. For the 1/3 of each year we spent up in Middle-of-Nowhere, Alaska, during the halibut season, it was pretty much a necessity.

I have a tendency to turn threads into gun threads, no matter how seemingly little they have to do with guns Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
01-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Not much to say at this time. No shame in me, though. But you better not make fun of my picture, or I'' tell Zeus on you!Gasp

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 12 users Like mr79g80p's post
01-07-2015, 02:08 PM
(01-07-2015 10:20 AM)mr79g80p Wrote:  Not much to say at this time. No shame in me, though. But you better not make fun of my picture, or I'' tell Zeus on you!Gasp

Is that your prison ID photo? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Me and my dawgs, doin what we do on Canada Day.

[Image: 1810820029d8ea4460e8bcaaef4364cd.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 12 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-07-2015, 08:41 PM
(01-07-2015 08:22 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Me and my dawgs, doin what we do on Canada Day.

[Image: 1810820029d8ea4460e8bcaaef4364cd.jpg]

Disguise your tracks in the river as you run from the cops after they found your marijuana growing operation?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
01-07-2015, 11:03 PM
(28-06-2015 04:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 04:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It was just a point that picqued my curiousity, since you'd gone to such effort at visual camo.

I don't think there's a soldier alive that doesn't love the close air support the A10 provides, or an enemy that doesn't fear it's unmistakable sounds Smile

There's plenty of aircraft ... and then there's a wartpiggie.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-07-2015, 06:18 AM
I fell in love with the aircraft in the 10th grade, when I read Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising, wherein the Russians being attacked by the plane gave it the nickname, "The Devil's Cross".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-07-2015, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 06:14 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(02-07-2015 06:18 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I fell in love with the aircraft in the 10th grade, when I read Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising, wherein the Russians being attacked by the plane gave it the nickname, "The Devil's Cross".

I was stationed with the 801st BW in Moron, Spain for Desert Storm. Aside from our primary mission of launching B-52 strikes, we were also a support base during the build-up, providing air-refueling and stopover facilities for wings headed to the Sandbox.

We had a squadron of 24 'Hogs stay the night one night. Us firefighters always do a/c familiarization so we can do our job better, so we went out to take a look at the things. That cannon is a sonofabitch -- it extends all the way to the main wing spar, and then the ammo conveyors take up most of the fuselage. The rounds were almost as big as my forearm.

A buddy of mine from fire school was stationed in Dhahran for the war. He told me of an IFE they had on a Warthog -- the plane had taken a SAM aboard. The pilot flew it 250 miles home. The left wing was missing from the landing-gear sponson outwards -- 60% gone.

Bloody amazing.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-07-2015, 04:53 PM
There were stories I heard from the 917th TFW at Barksdale AFB in 1993-94, my senior year of HS, when I spent a lot of time over the course of the year with them, doing research for a science project on a CAD (dad's an engineer, so I had the latest-and-greatest available at the time) redesign of the Close Air Support aircraft concept, intending to make something that took the pilots' desires into account. I had all these great ideas, but all the pilots kept saying was, "More gas. Automatic ECM and electronics. More bullets." Probably 90% of my interviews with the pilots went that way. I kept saying, "But you can have anything you want! I'm designing a whole new plane." "More gas, more bullets, automatic jamming gear." Oh, and some wanted a better built-in nighttime flying/fighting system, like the LANTIRN pods used on the F-16.

One of them told me the story of one of their pilots who was attacking a tank column defended by numerous flak guns, and didn't know anything was wrong until he returned to land at base and the left tire blew out on touchdown... causing him to gently skid off the runway into the sand. When the mechanics came out to look, the plane had been struck over 250 times by large-caliber AAA (23mm or greater), and numerous smaller bits of schrapnel. There were entire bits of the tail section shot clean through, a 40mm shell that had passed through the vertical tail without exploding, and dents in the engine pod armor caused by direct hits by large-caliber shells (of unknown size, since they did explode). And he didn't. Even. Notice!

I also heard the tale from them of the guy who took a hit from an SA-6, a very large Surface to Air Missile (SAM), resulting in big portions of the wing, one of the engine pods, and most of one side of the tail being blown away, damage to hydraulic systems, etc. He managed to fly it home and crash-landed on the runway, despite being only able to make turns in one direction. There are several other stories of hits from smaller missiles, e.g. the SA-7 Strela shoulder-fired SAM (akin to our Redeye) and the SA-16 (akin to our Stinger), where the plane shrugged off the hit entirely. Despite taking more damage than any other plane, coming home shot full of holes on many missions, the 140 or so A-10s deployed in that theatre of operations managed the highest operational readiness of any aircraft, and managed a number 5% higher than their peacetime operational readiness figures. Hail to the ground crews!!

(quote) Despite taking heavy damage, A-10s maintained the highest readiness rate of any Air Force tactical aircraft in Desert Storm – 95.7%. (endquote) (Source: Air Force White Paper, Op. Cit., and Air Force "Logistics Indicators – Fighter", Op. Cit.)

A friend of mine from my hometown, a few years older than me, joined up as a tanker and participated in Desert Storm. He said the most amazing thing he saw was a T-72 tank that had been hit by the Avenger cannon of an A-10... in the sand, you could see the pock-marks where the rounds fell short until they crossed the twin tracks of the T-72, a few feet of gap, and more pock-marks. The T-72 was obviously hauling ass at the time, as it continued for several dozen meters before skewing to a stop. According to Pete, my friend, they got out and looked... the turret of that T-72, he said, looked like a giant had taken a butterknife and stirred the metal while it was molten, then allowed it to cool like a piece of modern art. That's why ground-pounders learned to love that plane so much.

(quote) "For its primary role of killing tanks, the A-10 is equipped with the Avenger GAU-8 30mm cannon, and the long-range Maverick missile. While the Maverick offers the safety of long range, the Avenger carries enough ammunition for many attacks (33 bursts of 35 rounds each). Indeed, the A-10 is credited with more than half of all Iraqi equipment losses." (endquote) (Source: Secretary of the Air Force, Office of Public Affairs, Air Power in Operation Desert Storm, 5/91.)

A report on the effectiveness of the A-10 in combat.

[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post