Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-07-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?
(26-06-2015 08:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Clap seriously folks, sometimes I get so giddy being able to see all your faces!!!! Just love it. Here's mine again just so we're all even Big Grin

[Image: MVbCpSl.jpg]

You sure are pretty, if you don't mind my saying.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-07-2015, 06:20 PM
(02-07-2015 04:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  There were stories I heard from the 917th TFW at Barksdale AFB in 1993-94, my senior year of HS, when I spent a lot of time over the course of the year with them, doing research for a science project on a CAD (dad's an engineer, so I had the latest-and-greatest available at the time) redesign of the Close Air Support aircraft concept, intending to make something that took the pilots' desires into account. I had all these great ideas, but all the pilots kept saying was, "More gas. Automatic ECM and electronics. More bullets."

[...]

--and, the A-10 has the last American air-to-air gunnery kill thus far, an Mi-8 helo done in by that same cannon.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Can't remember if it was an A-10, but I think so. Still, it's a cool one:

I think it was in Tom Clancy's book Every Man a Tiger, a nonfiction account of the air war in Desert Shield/Storm, that I heard tell of the only recorded air-to-air kill with a laser-guided "smart bomb" (LGB).

They saw a pair of Iraqi helos preparing to take off from an airfield, so they lit them up with a Laser Target Designator and pickled off a 500 pound Paveway LGB. Before it could reach the target, the helo targeted lifted off and began to fly away. Cursing, the pilot switched to his Sidewinder heatseeking air-to-air missiles and prepared to make another pass to destroy the escaping helo. However, the LTD kept tracking the helo once locked-on, and the bomb struck the chopper in midair, blowing it to splinters!

Toooo cool.

Wasn't A-10s, but I also read in that book about a practice by the F-15E Strike Eagle drivers called "Tank Plinking", designed to increase terror on the Iraqis. They'd fly high and use their Imaging Infra-Red gear to pick out tank columns traveling "under cover of darkness" at night. Then one would designate the lead tank with their LTD while the other flew away and returned at supersonic speed, dropping a 500-pound (lightest weight) LGB above Mach 1 at height, so it arrived ahead of its own sound and the sonic boom was caught up in the actual BOOM! Then they'd repeat the process with the rear tank, and take their time hunting down the rest as they ran. Can you imagine? You're just cruising along in the desert, nothing in sight for miles, no sound but your engines/treads, then BAM! The leader is an expanding cloud of debris. Still no sound. A couple minutes later BAM! Another guy goes. Still no clue why...

No wonder the Iraqis surrendered in droves, at the end of all that!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Air strikes by anything supersonic are a bit terrifying from the ground, even when you're the one calling them down. I don't know if most people can truly appreciate what it's like to be close enough to a target to see the explosion and feel it's shockwave just BEFORE you hear the sonic boom of the aircraft passing overhead that did it. It can be quite demotivating being up against a force doing shit like that. Even in war games where there's no real danger, getting "hit" by a mock air strike really makes your sphincter pucker up.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
02-07-2015, 07:33 PM
(02-07-2015 07:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Can't remember if it was an A-10, but I think so. Still, it's a cool one:

I think it was in Tom Clancy's book Every Man a Tiger, a nonfiction account of the air war in Desert Shield/Storm, that I heard tell of the only recorded air-to-air kill with a laser-guided "smart bomb" (LGB).

They saw a pair of Iraqi helos preparing to take off from an airfield, so they lit them up with a Laser Target Designator and pickled off a 500 pound Paveway LGB. Before it could reach the target, the helo targeted lifted off and began to fly away. Cursing, the pilot switched to his Sidewinder heatseeking air-to-air missiles and prepared to make another pass to destroy the escaping helo. However, the LTD kept tracking the helo once locked-on, and the bomb struck the chopper in midair, blowing it to splinters!

Toooo cool.

Wasn't A-10s, but I also read in that book about a practice by the F-15E Strike Eagle drivers called "Tank Plinking", designed to increase terror on the Iraqis. They'd fly high and use their Imaging Infra-Red gear to pick out tank columns traveling "under cover of darkness" at night. Then one would designate the lead tank with their LTD while the other flew away and returned at supersonic speed, dropping a 500-pound (lightest weight) LGB above Mach 1 at height, so it arrived ahead of its own sound and the sonic boom was caught up in the actual BOOM! Then they'd repeat the process with the rear tank, and take their time hunting down the rest as they ran. Can you imagine? You're just cruising along in the desert, nothing in sight for miles, no sound but your engines/treads, then BAM! The leader is an expanding cloud of debris. Still no sound. A couple minutes later BAM! Another guy goes. Still no clue why...

... not to mention the 52s going at it from nine miles up ... can't hear them, can't see them unless you're paying attention, and then a stick of 51 750-lb bombs starts walking. Three-ship flights.

Hell of a way to wake up, I imagine.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-07-2015, 07:38 PM
(02-07-2015 07:27 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Air strikes by anything supersonic are a bit terrifying from the ground, even when you're the one calling them down. I don't know if most people can truly appreciate what it's like to be close enough to a target to see the explosion and feel it's shockwave just BEFORE you hear the sonic boom of the aircraft passing overhead that did it. It can be quite demotivating being up against a force doing shit like that. Even in war games where there's no real danger, getting "hit" by a mock air strike really makes your sphincter pucker up.

I prefer my profession's version of adrenaline - at the end of the day somebody might die, but even if I'm unsuccessful or fuck up it sure as hell ain't gonna be me.

God I miss trauma.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
02-07-2015, 08:29 PM
I'm a lifelong motorcyclist, Nurse. That makes you my hero more than any soldier alive! My riding groups have always had a rule, and if there wasn't one, I instituted it, that anyone we discovered coming off-duty from the ER/EMT field to any place where one of us had a chance to notice, had a drink bought for them, or if they didn't drink, their meal paid for.

And that is said with absolutely no disrespect intended to soldiering! (As my previous posts should make obvious.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-07-2015, 09:16 AM
I went in a tank this week, after running the Canada race that I didn't train at all for this year (I was only one minute off from last year Sleepy )

[Image: 11119767_10153186017423551_6176072401163...xnmh29.jpg]

[Image: can_zpsgulkgk1c.jpg]

Cool

[Image: ea007e3e-f34b-439b-a19f-ffd51263594f_zpsopau0oxq.jpg]
[+] 24 users Like LadyJane's post
03-07-2015, 09:23 AM
(03-07-2015 09:16 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I went in a tank this week, after running the Canada race that I didn't train at all for this year (I was only one minute off from last year Sleepy )

[Image: 11119767_10153186017423551_6176072401163...xnmh29.jpg]

[Image: can_zpsgulkgk1c.jpg]

Cool

[Image: ea007e3e-f34b-439b-a19f-ffd51263594f_zpsopau0oxq.jpg]

LadyJane in a tank? Gasp

Cool

[Image: img_xj6FRu.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-07-2015, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 02:15 PM by yakherder.)
(02-07-2015 07:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 07:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Can't remember if it was an A-10, but I think so. Still, it's a cool one:

Toooo cool.

... not to mention the 52s going at it from nine miles up ... can't hear them, can't see them unless you're paying attention, and then a stick of 51 750-lb bombs starts walking. Three-ship flights.

Hell of a way to wake up, I imagine.

Last year we were doing joint readiness training at Fort Polk, LA. It is in this type of training where they do more extended, realistic training than the typical single missions. Basically, it's a big area complete with fake villages and civilian actors and OPFOR combatants and everything, all of us (even the civilians) attached to the MILES system, which for those who don't know is basically an advanced version of laser tag for military training where the guns fire blanks but have laser emitters attached that are triggered by the vibration of the blanks being fired. On our way into the battlefield, so to speak, our convoy, the 2nd of two in our unit, got ambushed before we even reached our forward operating base. The first convoy made it and didn't even realize what had happened.

Anyway, so they were holding us in this little town and had us sleeping on the floor with goats (I have goat pictures), which was a pretty good deal compared to the infantry guys out sleeping in poison ivy and fending off snakes and chiggers (yes, even in training shit sucks Tongue). We were woken up at about 2:00 am when friendly forces from a different unit, who still didn't realize we were there, mounted an attack on the town. Now they have these guys called OCs that run around with these special blue guns, and they're sort of like referees. They have the ability to auto kill you if you die in a manner that the MILES system wouldn't pick up, such as being hit with indirect fire or artillery or something. With nothing else to do, we sat out on the porch of our prisoner/goat shack and watched the battle, wishing we had some popcorn to go with it, anxiously awaiting our rescuers to get us out and get us back into the "game."

Then there was a sonic boom and the OC auto killed all of us. Good times. We all pretty much immediately started laughing hysterically, including the OC and the two hostiles that were hit by the air strike (compared to the 12 or so friendly fire casualties in the prisoner shack).

Later in that same training (we get revived after spending the night in a mock morgue), I was once again taken out by aircraft, though this time it was at least not friendly fire. I was up on a roof in one of the villages trying to get a better position overlooking a battle taking place and I heard a helicopter coming nearby. We're so used to the helicopters being on our side that it didn't even click that, because we were turning our focus away from fighting insurgencies and more towards the possibility of fighting other modern forces, they might give our enemies aircraft this time. I found out that was the case when it opened up on me with whatever heavy machine gun it had on board and, once again, my little MILES sensor went off and was like "you're dead again dumbass."

Times like that I'm genuinely thankful I at least have some sort of outlet to get away from civilian life for a while Tongue

Goat pics!
[Image: 0xgUHVH.jpg]

[Image: EBBBTMk.jpg]

[Image: jAoD9NO.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post