Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-06-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Forum Picture Thread: Do you have the balls and/or vagina to show yourself?
Thanks man! That's awesome. Smile

Yeah that's kinda my niche is the Blues/R+B side of things.

Givin the vid a watch right now.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cosmo's post
26-06-2017, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 02:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-06-2017 12:27 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I like singing for people!

You should, you're very good. Never heard of James Bay or that song before so I shall call it Cosmo's Christian Coda. "Trying to fit your hand inside of mine,
When we know it just don't belong" seems particularly poignant in that context. Smile

(26-06-2017 12:27 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  When I stopped believing, I also stopped singing. This might be the saddest experience of my life. I thought my life's purpose was to sing for God. So when I stopped believing in God, consequently I stopped singing for him too.

I don't think that's a very good reason for not making it your life's purpose to sing for God. Actually, I think it's an even better reason to make it your life's purpose to sing for God. Who better to sing for God than atheists? Only fools seek confirmation from fawning sycophants and servile flatterers and God's nobody's fool.

You do sing really well. Why not become one of them hip trendy atheist singers? You could still sing for God as profound melancholy for the loss of innocence as the cost for the liberation the comes with the recognition of divine irresponsibility. A suadade. The real message of the Garden of Eden is that freedom isn't free. You'd have to be careful not to go all maudlin Morrisey and end up with your guitar smashed against the wall at a toga party though.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-06-2017, 02:25 PM

I enjoy singing to people I don't like. I'm torturing them and they still have to thank me for it Evil_monster

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
26-06-2017, 03:43 PM
More fun than singing well...

Singing poorly Evil_monster

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
26-06-2017, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 04:34 PM by Cosmo.)
(26-06-2017 02:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You should, you're very good. Never heard of James Bay or that song before so I shall call it Cosmo's Christian Coda. "Trying to fit your hand inside of mine,
When we know it just don't belong" seems particularly poignant in that context. Smile

(26-06-2017 12:27 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  When I stopped believing, I also stopped singing. This might be the saddest experience of my life. I thought my life's purpose was to sing for God. So when I stopped believing in God, consequently I stopped singing for him too.

I don't think that's a very good reason for not making it your life's purpose to sing for God. Actually, I think it's an even better reason to make it your life's purpose to sing for God. Who better to sing for God than atheists? Only fools seek confirmation from fawning sycophants and servile flatterers and God's nobody's fool.

You do sing really well. Why not become one of them hip trendy atheist singers? You could still sing for God as profound melancholy for the loss of innocence as the cost for the liberation the comes with the recognition of divine irresponsibility. A suadade. The real message of the Garden of Eden is that freedom isn't free. You'd have to be careful not to go all maudlin Morrisey and end up with your guitar smashed against the wall at a toga party though.

Wow, I'm not sure how I missed your post, but that's great! Thanks Man. Smile

That does kinda work. I only ever really thought of it in the context of a nasty break up. But I guess that's what it's like when you're parting with religion as well. I covered this song about 5 months after becoming an atheist incidentally. Subconsciously poignant perhaps? Who knows.

I feel like finding singer /songwriter content as an atheist can be challenging sometimes. I have more difficulty writing songs as an atheist than I do as a Christian. But religion is meant to tap into your sense of wonder without justifying doing so. So there's also that.
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
26-06-2017, 05:49 PM

I used to be a worship leader at my church.

When I stopped believing, I also stopped singing. This might be the saddest experience of my life. I thought my life's purpose was to sing for God. So when I stopped believing in God, consequently I stopped singing for him too.

Anyways, I recorded a cover of James Bay's "Let it go" a while ago as an effort to start singing again within the 'secular' music scene. It's nothing much honestly. I recorded it while making the rounds at some bars and clubs. I then got in a massive car crash, which truly stripped away my motivation to succeed musically. At least for a while. It's coming back. Life's too short to look back in anger at misfortune, and not do the things you love. Especially when your demotivating factor is sadness. Anyways, I went and found the cover I made on YouTube, And wanted to post it. Maybe someone will enjoy it is my thought process.

Anyways yeah. Beautiful peoples everywhere! Smile Carry on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMvKDfFYG8

And if you're not interested in music. I guess here's me with a new haircut, making a funny face. Tongue

[Image: IMG_1447.jpg]

I'm not a big fan of the song, but you are indeed one hell of a singer. Good stuff!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-06-2017, 05:55 PM

When I stopped believing, I also stopped singing. This might be the saddest experience of my life. I thought my life's purpose was to sing for God. So when I stopped believing in God, consequently I stopped singing for him too.

Anyways, I recorded a cover of James Bay's "Let it go" a while ago as an effort to start singing again within the 'secular' music scene. It's nothing much honestly. I recorded it while making the rounds at some bars and clubs. I then got in a massive car crash, which truly stripped away my motivation to succeed musically. At least for a while. It's coming back. Life's too short to look back in anger at misfortune, and not do the things you love. Especially when your demotivating factor is sadness. Anyways, I went and found the cover I made on YouTube, And wanted to post it. Maybe someone will enjoy it is my thought process.

And if you're not interested in music. I guess here's me with a new haircut, making a funny face. Tongue

Not to be insulting, but you look just like my grandson!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
27-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Lol thanks everyone! Smile I'm glad it made some peeps happy somewhere.

And that's not an insult Pagan! No worries.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
30-06-2017, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2017 03:54 PM by jennybee.)
Just wanted to wish everyone (who's celebrating) an early Happy Fourth! I'm kind of busy running around the next few days, so I thought I'd wish you one now Big Grin Whether you are celebrating or not, I hope you all enjoy the day! I got some cool patriotic sunglasses to celebrate in style. Cool Tongue

[Image: 30ll26a.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 9 users Like jennybee's post
01-07-2017, 04:12 AM
(26-06-2017 05:49 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

I'm not a big fan of the song, but you are indeed one hell of a singer. Good stuff!

Btw, Thump I notice you are growing your hair longer. What's the longest you've ever had it? I belong to a long hair forum (yes, it's a thing Laugh out load ) so these kinds of things interest me. Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post