Forum Risk Game

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-07-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: Forum Risk Game
(21-07-2012 09:50 PM)itsacow Wrote:  So... are we playing?

Yes. I am winning.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2012, 10:23 PM
(21-07-2012 09:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 09:50 PM)itsacow Wrote:  So... are we playing?

Yes. I am winning.
But....but....wait. You said......that.....

Damn.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
22-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm kinda curious about the troop cost vs benefit. Judging from my basic understanding of the game I could buy 4 militia for the price of one old guard.

The old guard gets 30% extra attack but with 4 militia I've just quadrupled my army size. Same goes for cavalry and artillery. It just doesn't seem worthwhile to bother with any of the troop upgrades. If I was playing I could probably win sticking with pure militia possibly sprinkled with some light dragoons...

What does the +2 movement for cavalry mean? There are 100 movement points per army stack per turn. An extra 2 points doesn't mean anything when you need 50 to attack someone or move to neighbouring friendly land and 100 to claim neutral territory.

Does the old guard attack bonus (30%) apply during defence rounds in the combat engine?
Also - Is it really an attack bonus or just a general bonus? Eg: I have old guard in Australia and someone attacks into me with militia so I'm defending... Does the old guard 30% apply for my defence?

By my understanding the only way troop upgrades make sense is if they upgrade all existing troops on the board to the new level and the infantry price remains fixed at a single gold value. Similar to how Starcraft or other RTS games work.

If I understood more about the workings of combat I could write a little script and run some scenarios. Then I could test game balance matching different troops against each other and compare army values.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Yes we are playing.
(22-07-2012 12:06 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm kinda curious about the troop cost vs benefit. Judging from my basic understanding of the game I could buy 4 militia for the price of one old guard.

The old guard gets 30% extra attack but with 4 militia I've just quadrupled my army size. Same goes for cavalry and artillery. It just doesn't seem worthwhile to bother with any of the troop upgrades. If I was playing I could probably win sticking with pure militia possibly sprinkled with some light dragoons...

What does the +2 movement for cavalry mean? There are 100 movement points per army stack per turn. An extra 2 points doesn't mean anything when you need 50 to attack someone or move to neighbouring friendly land and 100 to claim neutral territory.

Does the old guard attack bonus (30%) apply during defence rounds in the combat engine?
Also - Is it really an attack bonus or just a general bonus? Eg: I have old guard in Australia and someone attacks into me with militia so I'm defending... Does the old guard 30% apply for my defence?

By my understanding the only way troop upgrades make sense is if they upgrade all existing troops on the board to the new level and the infantry price remains fixed at a single gold value. Similar to how Starcraft or other RTS games work.

If I understood more about the workings of combat I could write a little script and run some scenarios. Then I could test game balance matching different troops against each other and compare army values.
Consider

I might refine this tomorrow when I update everything.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-07-2012, 06:42 AM
I think stark has forgotten I offered him a NAP.
23-07-2012, 05:59 AM
What is going on with this game? It's been deader than... (insert metaphor)...

Is it me and my cursed interference writing that script?

23-07-2012, 06:32 AM
No it's me being lazy and not getting around to it.

I'll get onto it later (12:30am at the moment)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
23-07-2012, 08:31 AM
I accepted the nap as soon as it was offered. I am now quite well rested. Thank you.

Ok, wtf is a NAP?

I hate to say it guys, but none of this makes any sense at all. I may have to duck out of this one. Can I surrender to someone?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-07-2012, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 08:52 AM by DeepThought.)
(23-07-2012 08:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I accepted the nap as soon as it was offered. I am now quite well rested. Thank you.

Ok, wtf is a NAP?

I hate to say it guys, but none of this makes any sense at all. I may have to duck out of this one. Can I surrender to someone?
I can take over from your position.

23-07-2012, 09:42 AM
(23-07-2012 08:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I accepted the nap as soon as it was offered. I am now quite well rested. Thank you.

Ok, wtf is a NAP?

It is a short period of rest when you sleep...

It is a Non Aggression Pact.

Under Repair.