Forum Rules Need Tweaking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Forum Rules Need Tweaking
According to the rules thread in the Intro section contributing members get 6 stars. This is no longer accurate according to the memo passed out with the latest and greatest system.

Additionally, I would propose adding this new system to the rules section.

Lastly, I would suggest that the rule on paedophilia be more clear, that is to say use more specific language on what is tolerated. When Seth ruled on this issue I had to ask if the likes of priest jokes were tolerated or were a banable offense. This is still unclear to me based solely on the rules outlined on the official ruled thread. Also, I think it should be 'emotional', as oppose to 'emotive'
Quote: Discussions on pedophilia are simply too emotive for some people to handle and cause issues on the forum. As such threads that discuss it will not be allowed. Threads that are in condemnation of child molestation are acceptable. Violators will be banned.

Thanks.

Link to the official rules thread here.

Link to the memo is here.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 05:05 AM
RE: Forum Rules Need Tweaking
Ooooh!

The stars are explained. I missed the memo.

Thanks DL, for the link.

Something struck me as odd, though (and I read though 10 pages to find that it wasn't covered):
Some contributors have an 'eighth star' but haven't made the target number of posts to get their sixth or seventh yet.

For example, as a contributing member but with a post count of < 10,000, my stars should now be:
* * * * * * _ *

or there is something wrong with the wording of the announcement i.e. change 'eighth' to 'eight'.

No need to thank me. Any time. Smartass

06-09-2013, 05:17 AM
GA' DAMN. DARK SEEIN' SHIT THAT'S, LIKE, INVISIBLE AN' SHIT.

Big Grin
10-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Hello? Is this thing on? *taps microphone* Is there a mod in the house? I'll take any response, even if it's a "fuck you, we like it the way it is".

*waits for Hughsie to copy and paste the text in quote marks*

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
11-09-2013, 05:10 PM
So I didn't even know what this meant a few days ago. I mean I understand twerping 'cause you know, fuckin' earmuffs and shit, but I would agree that many of the rules here definitely need twerking.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-09-2013, 05:48 PM
(11-09-2013 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I didn't even know what this meant a few days ago. I mean I understand twerping 'cause you know, fuckin' earmuffs and shit, but I would agree that many of the rules here definitely need twerking.

For example, this was locked recently. I asked for clarification, received none. I cautioned that the topic should be trodden lightly, but I'm still not sure exactly where the line was crossed. This is just one example of a rule that needs tweaking, I am NOT trying to instigate another debate. I just want the rules to be a bit more spelt out.

You know...and the additional comments I made in the OP.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
11-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I think KC went off to find out what the policy should be. May be a while til he gets a hold of whoever he needs to talk to.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2013, 06:17 PM
(11-09-2013 05:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think KC went off to find out what the policy should be. May be a while til he gets a hold of whoever he needs to talk to.

So, is this the part where I get to say "I told you so!"? Tongue

11-09-2013, 06:27 PM
(11-09-2013 05:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  For example, this was locked recently. I asked for clarification, received none. I cautioned that the topic should be trodden lightly, but I'm still not sure exactly where the line was crossed. This is just one example of a rule that needs tweaking, I am NOT trying to instigate another debate. I just want the rules to be a bit more spelt out.

Oops, missed that thread. I don't think anything in that thread necessarily crossed the line (well maybe I&I's joke, but he's said worse). I think it was locked preemptively 'cause it's pretty clear from past experience that we can't trust ourselves to tread lightly on this particular topic here. Got no problem with that. KC and Stark's call. That's kinda like their job here and shit. Just my $0.02.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Well, I can't say one way or another until the clarification is made, but your logic is teh brokeded, Girly. That's like pulling over a sports car because they might break the speed limit.

Don't get me wrong, Stark and KC do an amazing job, and I don't find fault with anything done so far, just think your logic is poopy on this one. Wink