Forum Shenanigans: October Avatar Swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2017, 09:21 AM
RE: Forum Shenanigans: October Avatar Swap
(23-09-2017 08:26 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I think i'll use a pic of myself in a hooded robe.

But how will we know it's you? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-09-2017, 09:29 AM
(23-09-2017 09:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 07:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So I thought it would be fun to, well, have a little fun this October. While I won't be getting dressed up or passing out candy this Halloween, I had a chuckle at the idea of swapping out my recognizable avatar for something else for the month. Then I thought about the entire forum doing this, about how discombobulated things would be if all the regulars swapped out their avatars and were no longer easily recognizable on sight, and it was way funnier.

So in order to make this daydream a reality, I thought I'd let you all in on how my mind works at times, and give you all a head's up. Come October, I'll be swapping out my avatar for a costume themed one for the entire month. I've already got it picked out and everything, but I'm not going to tell you what it is; nor do I expect anyone else interested to give away their ideas either. Maybe you want to use a picture of yourself or your significant other from Halloween's past? Maybe you found a silly meme or cat picture? Maybe you don't care at all and you think I'm a nutter? Whatever the case may be, you should probably keep it to yourself (especially that last one).

I just thought I'd let you all know, in case anybody else wanted in on the shenanigans. It will be funnier the more people do it, so I'd encourage you all to at least think about it, and I'm giving you enough time to get your collective shit in order to be ready for the first of October (the Sunday after next).

I know exactly what I want but am crap when it comes to making a picture fit avatar size. Weeping

NVM - got it...and why wait? Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-09-2017, 10:19 AM
(23-09-2017 09:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 07:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So I thought it would be fun to, well, have a little fun this October. While I won't be getting dressed up or passing out candy this Halloween, I had a chuckle at the idea of swapping out my recognizable avatar for something else for the month. Then I thought about the entire forum doing this, about how discombobulated things would be if all the regulars swapped out their avatars and were no longer easily recognizable on sight, and it was way funnier.

So in order to make this daydream a reality, I thought I'd let you all in on how my mind works at times, and give you all a head's up. Come October, I'll be swapping out my avatar for a costume themed one for the entire month. I've already got it picked out and everything, but I'm not going to tell you what it is; nor do I expect anyone else interested to give away their ideas either. Maybe you want to use a picture of yourself or your significant other from Halloween's past? Maybe you found a silly meme or cat picture? Maybe you don't care at all and you think I'm a nutter? Whatever the case may be, you should probably keep it to yourself (especially that last one).

I just thought I'd let you all know, in case anybody else wanted in on the shenanigans. It will be funnier the more people do it, so I'd encourage you all to at least think about it, and I'm giving you enough time to get your collective shit in order to be ready for the first of October (the Sunday after next).
I know exactly what I want but am crap when it comes to making a picture fit avatar size. Weeping
Post it here and ask for help. I do that kind of thing all the time, even for animated ones.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
23-09-2017, 10:23 AM
(23-09-2017 09:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 09:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I know exactly what I want but am crap when it comes to making a picture fit avatar size. Weeping

NVM - got it...and why wait? Evil_monster

Why wait? They're already selling eggnog...in September! Weeping

The war on Xmas has begun and the Xtians are winning!
Now Halloween is Marching thru September! O the humanity! Weeping

Where will it end? Independence day will invade Canada Day!
Easter will take over Valentine's Day... It'll be a bunny apocalypse!

Dogs & Cats living together...mass hysteria! Sadcryface2

NVM - good point... carry-on. Tongue

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 6 users Like unsapien's post
23-09-2017, 12:46 PM
I've got my idea ready to go.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
23-09-2017, 01:15 PM
(23-09-2017 10:19 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 09:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I know exactly what I want but am crap when it comes to making a picture fit avatar size. Weeping
Post it here and ask for help. I do that kind of thing all the time, even for animated ones.

Thanks! I got this one but I want to find something to replace my marlin and maybe a couple others to have at the ready.

23-09-2017, 04:46 PM
I can see this getting ugly.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-09-2017, 04:54 PM
(23-09-2017 04:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I can see this getting ugly.

I don't even have an avatar yet. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
23-09-2017, 04:56 PM
I feel dirty now. Sadcryface

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
23-09-2017, 06:24 PM
(23-09-2017 04:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I can see this getting ugly.

Goddamnit! I thought Q was back. Gasp