Forum Team Changes

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 08:01 PM by Hughsie.)
Forum Team Changes
Firstly, for personal reasons Erxomai has decided to step down from his role as forum administrator. I think Erxomai deserves endless credit for his role in leading the forum during a difficult time, and for his role in working with Stark before that. I want to thank him on behalf of myself, and everyone else on the forum.

The Forum Team have decided to take this time to re-jig the running of the forum as there are some other members of the FT who unfortunately no longer have as much time to dedicate to TTA as they once did. I'd also like to thank them for their contributions over the last few years.

Me and FSM_scot have agreed to take over the role of co-admins.
Erxomai has agreed to stay on in the role of super-mod and will be joined at that level by Chas, who has already been helping out behind the scenes for some time, and Kingschosen, who has long been a respected member of the forum.
In addition five mods have been agreed on to join the FT (depending on them accepting the roles). We will be announcing their names if and when they accept the role.

In addition to this there will be ten Veteran users. HouseOfCantor has announced his departure from the forum which leaves us with three; Cufflink, GirlyMan, and Filox. Once the new FT is in place we will begin discussions on who to appoint to the remaining seven roles.

There are also discussions ongoing regarding our ex-staff. Stark, Lilith, Buddy Christ, DeepThought, Observer, Unbeliever, and Lucradis will become additional Veteran users for the time being.

Finally, there has been a lot of scrutiny of our current rules over the last week with some people in favour, and some not. We've had a wide spectrum of suggestions ranging from people wanting the rules to be more objective, to more subjective, people wanting free-speech further promoted, to more restricted. Once the new FT is in place we will be looking at the rules and deciding whether they need changing, and if so, how.

We thank you for your patience at this time and welcome any suggestions you may have.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Hughsie's post
02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Forum Team Changes
Could this thread be stickied?

Thanks! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Wait... what?

Wow!

(wtf went on while I was away)

Well, best wishes to the new team and a huge thank you to the outgoing members.

It's been a wonderful, warm and wholesome pleasure to be here so far. Long may it continue.

Cheers.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Cheers! Congrats to James and Hughs for being C-admins now, I have faith in ya'll. (HAhaha no, I have evidence to trust you two)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Good luck to you all. Smile

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

02-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Well alrighty, then!

My heartfelt appreciation for all former, current, and upcoming FT Members.

PS to DLJ-- I told you, shitstorms, lol.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
02-01-2013, 07:14 PM
(02-01-2013 07:07 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Cheers! Congrats to James and Hughs for being C-admins now, I have faith in ya'll. (HAhaha no, I have evidence to trust you two)
*Cough*Jamie*cough* Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
02-01-2013, 07:18 PM
(02-01-2013 07:14 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 07:07 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Cheers! Congrats to James and Hughs for being C-admins now, I have faith in ya'll. (HAhaha no, I have evidence to trust you two)
*Cough*Jamie*cough* Big Grin
But I like james better No

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Congrats to the new co-admins. May your administrative roles reflect your insight, wisdom, and tenacity.

Thanks to all who have served on this wonderful site as a forum team member, and those who are still serving. You're all aces in my book.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
02-01-2013, 07:44 PM
(02-01-2013 07:02 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Wait... what?

Wow!

(wtf went on while I was away)

Well, best wishes to the new team and a huge thank you to the outgoing members.

It's been a wonderful, warm and wholesome pleasure to be here so far. Long may it continue.

Cheers.

It may be all your fault. You were away. Things went to hell. Hmmmm. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post