Forum Team Changes

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-01-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Forum Team Changes
(03-01-2013 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 06:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Me and FSM_scot have agreed to take over the role of co-admins.
Erxomai has agreed to stay on in the role of super-mod and will be joined at that level by Chas, who has already been helping out behind the scenes for some time, and Kingschosen, who has long been a respected member of the forum.

2 kids barely old enough to drink, an already psychologically scarred Hellbound Preacher now further scarred by his role as super-mod (warned you that was gonna happen, brother), a crotchety old rationalist, and a nihilistic Calvinist determining the direction of the forum. This is gonna be fucking hilarious. Big Grin
I am glad you approve. I feel better already. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 07:21 PM
(03-01-2013 07:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  2 kids barely old enough to drink, an already psychologically scarred Hellbound Preacher now further scarred by his role as super-mod (warned you that was gonna happen, brother), a crotchety old rationalist, and a nihilistic Calvinist determining the direction of the forum. This is gonna be fucking hilarious. Big Grin

Actually, I think by American laws I'm still too young to drink. Isn't the drinking age 21 in America?
And yet the age on consent is 16-18. WTF?!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2013, 07:46 PM
(03-01-2013 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One of the most interesting characters on the whole forum throws a pussy fit over some irrelevant bullshit and instead of trying to re-engage and assuage him, you demote him.
since you brought it up Girly, I have to ask (not you Girly, but asking in general)....why was HoC demoted? I mean he's still a veteran here in terms of putting in his time, and I can't see how him pitching a fit this one time can so drastically change the entire teams position on how valued his input is. Is it simply his announced absence?

Not being critical. Just curious, as I suspect the decision may not have had much forethought.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-01-2013, 07:53 PM
(03-01-2013 07:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One of the most interesting characters on the whole forum throws a pussy fit over some irrelevant bullshit and instead of trying to re-engage and assuage him, you demote him.
since you brought it up Girly, I have to ask (not you Girly, but asking in general)....why was HoC demoted? I mean he's still a veteran here in terms of putting in his time, and I can't see how him pitching a fit this one time can so drastically change the entire teams position on how valued his input is. Is it simply his announced absence?

Not being critical. Just curious, as I suspect the decision may not have had much forethought.
He left the forum. So our new illustrious leaders thought he should probably be replaced by someone that will participate.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
03-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Ah shit.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-01-2013, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 08:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-01-2013 07:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  He left the forum.

The Prophet's account still looks active to me.

(03-01-2013 07:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  since you brought it up Girly, I have to ask (not you Girly, but asking in general)....why was HoC demoted? I mean he's still a veteran here in terms of putting in his time, and I can't see how him pitching a fit this one time can so drastically change the entire teams position on how valued his input is. Is it simply his announced absence?

I'm all for this forum change, I really am. The Keystone Cops are still fucking hilarious a century later, that's fucking timeless entertainment right there.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-01-2013, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 09:57 PM by Logisch.)
Undecided where does one sign up to be a moderator? All these people I enjoy looking at their posts, suddenly are now moderators. I feel like there's this inner circle or something I'm not aware of. Sad
04-01-2013, 12:18 AM
(03-01-2013 09:46 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Undecided where does one sign up to be a moderator? All these people I enjoy looking at their posts, suddenly are now moderators. I feel like there's this inner circle or something I'm not aware of. Sad
FTR AFAIK there's no sign-up procedure. Some guy hits you over the back of the head as you're ambling merrily around the forum and you wake up in a pink fairy costume...
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
04-01-2013, 01:13 AM
(04-01-2013 12:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Some guy hits you over the back of the head as you're ambling merrily around the forum and you wake up in a pink fairy costume...
Or, you know...

[Image: gO49E.png]

[Image: 24.gif]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-01-2013, 01:26 AM
(03-01-2013 11:54 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK people, as you may have noticed we've begun to make the changes.

If everything crashes it's essentially gonna be the fault of me or FSM_scot, we're getting used to the Admin CP. Big Grin

I'm also happy to say that all our mod candidates have accepted their new roles. The new mods will be Aurora, LadyJane, Bemore, Kim, and Morondog.

Congrats to all new appointees and good luck.

It strikes me that there has been a power-shift across the Atlantic Dodgy
Hurrah and huzzah!
Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post