Forum Team's Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: Forum Team's Posts
(02-05-2012 06:20 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You also have to factor in time being here Germanyt =p you and King are quite newer than most of us.
My post count is over quite a long time.
Don't forget about Exromai. I've been following this pretty closely, and all three of us have been consistent with our average post count (I've slipped a little).

We have all been posting since November and have kept a pretty good average.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. According to my profile, I've only been online for 3 weeks.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-05-2012, 05:31 AM
1,374 (3.32 posts per day | 1.24 percent of total posts)

I don't know what you are doing, but I think I am a pretty regular poster here, yet you people are just ... way off. 3000+ posts in half a year? Pfffff...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Shannows vid on this could be really interesting. Length of time compared to post count really varies depending on the member. Shit, I been here forever, and it only took erx and KC a couple months to blast past me in post count.

Just visiting.

-SR
04-05-2012, 06:20 AM
That's cause they're a pair of hens.

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2012, 08:48 AM
x = 30.7, I expected it to be higher.

I mean, the average length of time between the first post and the last post per member is just 30.7 days.

Members on average write 49.6 posts during thier life on the forum. This skewed heavily by you veterans at one end and people who write just one post (probably on the introductions forum)

So they stay for a month and write 50 posts and then go inactive.

I can't get near our companies SQL server due to stupid "work related" analysis hogging all the data cubes and Excel is now largely useless due to the size of the forum data. Will set queries running when I leave the office tonight.

There's probably benefit in removing the top & bottom percentiles to give a more sensible figure.

Video will follow later this week, but more analysis needed.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 2 users Like Shannow's post
08-05-2012, 11:38 PM
(08-05-2012 08:48 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Excel is now largely useless due to the size of the forum data.
The open office 'Base' package can import csv files almost any size into it's internal db format. That would allow you to run SQL on the data and help your analysis without the limitations excel imposes.

Either that or I can get you on to easyphp to install a LAMP software suite with phpmyadmin. Then I can give you forum data as SQL. Let me know if you want help with that over skype or something.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
09-05-2012, 02:32 AM
(08-05-2012 11:38 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The open office 'Base' package can import csv files almost any size into it's internal db format. That would allow you to run SQL on the data and help your analysis without the limitations excel imposes.

Cool, I'll try this first. It's only a problem when I need to include the data from the 'Old Threads' forum, there's only 6,500 posts in there, but lots of inactive users who were once heavily active. Also, these queries are analysing every post by every user, which is over 2000 users and 100,000 posts.

(08-05-2012 11:38 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Either that or I can get you on to easyphp to install a LAMP software suite with phpmyadmin. Then I can give you forum data as SQL. Let me know if you want help with that over skype or something.

It would be a long Skype chat! Given that I have no Linux or Apache skills/experience! This could be the future though.

Thanks for the offer, let me try the open office solution and see if I can get round it that way. I need to get a

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ