Forum Update 19-10-2013

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 09:06 AM
RE: Forum Update 19-10-2013
I'm new here but this is just like when I went backstage and met the Ramones. Kicked ass on stage and all I could think was wow, dude chicks and booze backstage. Nope, soda and the band members talking about baseball cards. WTF?

We are atheists, we need to barbecue kittens damn it! Anywho, hope you guys can put up with me, I am harmeless.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
26-11-2013, 05:38 PM
AHHHHHHH YEAH! GO DL, GO MOMMA! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAYS! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAYS!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
26-11-2013, 06:15 PM
(26-11-2013 09:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 07:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I sense extra change in addition to this.

[Image: coins-UK-in-glass-money-pot-gallon-wine-...p-1-JR.jpg]

or

[Image: obama_change_x_framed__poster.jpg]

Just stop with the pictures, KC and get with the change. Make this most recent round end quickly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-11-2013, 06:40 PM
(26-11-2013 06:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 09:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: coins-UK-in-glass-money-pot-gallon-wine-...p-1-JR.jpg]

or

[Image: obama_change_x_framed__poster.jpg]

Just stop with the pictures, KC and get with the change. Make this most recent round end quickly.

Pretty sure this is it. FSM_Scot left the forum a few weeks ago leaving a vacancy in the Super-mod level. Dark_Light was promoted but that left us a Mod short so Moms got bumped up. As there have been no other resignations lately I doubt any more promotions are going to happen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Tarty Sausage!

26-11-2013, 07:08 PM
So, what's a Vet? What does it take to attain such status?

Also, FT, I feel your pain. My laptop also broke. And now they have disabled Tapatalk support for this forum. I am sad.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-11-2013, 07:26 PM
(26-11-2013 07:08 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So, what's a Vet? What does it take to attain such status?

Also, FT, I feel your pain. My laptop also broke. And now they have disabled Tapatalk support for this forum. I am sad.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members

Casually speaking, it is a selected forum member who's contributions to the forum and forum advice is highly valued by the Forum Team. One attains such a status by being hand-selected by the Forum Team, with final decision being made by the Forum Admin(s).

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
26-11-2013, 07:32 PM
(19-10-2013 09:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Just getting everyone up to speed.

1) Stark Raving stepped down from admin. His position was never permanent; he was there to help me get acclimated.
2) Aurora is my new co-admin. She's already done an awesome job, and we work well together.
3) Hughsie and FSM_scot remain in their roles of Super Moderators. As always, we rely on both of them for their wisdom and experience as far as forum matters go.
4) DeepThought has been named our 3rd Super Moderator. He's always been working hard behind the scenes, so this won't be much of a change for him. He's an awesome asset to this place.
5) Cheapthrillseaker and TheBeardedDude both stepped down from their mod positions. Both of them did a wonderful job during their tenure, and I'm proud to have had both of them on the forum team as well as had the chance to work with them.
6) Revenant77x, Dom, and Dark Light have each stepped up to fill the empty moderator roles. Each of these individuals know the forum and the community. They are all incredibly intelligent and fair, and I know they will make great new additions to the forum team.
7) Atothetheist, Earmuffs, EvolutionKills, evenheathen, and Ferdinand have all been promoted to Vet status.

As we continue to grow, we will continue to change. People come and people go... people stop posting and new posters fill the void.

In that, we have to continually evolve. I'm very confident in our current forum team... yes, it's a lot of changes, but if we didn't make those changes to reflect the members' status, then we would stagnate.

As always, thank you (everyone) for being a part of TTA. This is your forum, your community, your family. Let's make it work for all of us.

-KC

Edit: MSBB and Tartarus Sauce are now vets as well.
Edit 2: KidCharlemagne1962 is our 13th and final vet.
I hope to one day be considered a "vet." Cool

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
26-11-2013, 07:50 PM
(26-11-2013 06:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 06:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just stop with the pictures, KC and get with the change. Make this most recent round end quickly.

Pretty sure this is it. FSM_Scot left the forum a few weeks ago leaving a vacancy in the Super-mod level. Dark_Light was promoted but that left us a Mod short so Moms got bumped up. As there have been no other resignations lately I doubt any more promotions are going to happen.

Correct me if I am wrong, but with Moms's promotion, doesn't that leave a Vet space open?

As such; get it over with.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-11-2013, 09:10 PM
(19-10-2013 10:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How nice for everyone.

Thank you, Moms Hug
for the extra rep
I tried to find you a nice MILF poster Wink , but this is o.k., yeah? Tongue
[Image: 514_230x230_NoPeel.jpg?region=name:Front...46540,w:16]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post