Forum Visualisations

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3 Average
15-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Forum Visualisations
Hi all,

I've been working with the forum mods/admins on something a little special that I hope will add something to your forum viewing experience here at thinking atheist.

Here's a little taster - more to come by the weekend...

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Shannow's post
15-02-2012, 09:20 AM
RE: Forum Visualisations
(15-02-2012 03:34 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Hi all,

I've been working with the forum mods/admins on something a little special that I hope will add something to your forum viewing experience here at thinking atheist.

Here's a little taster - more to come by the weekend...

This is really cool, Shannow.
Thanks for putting in all the time and effort so far. We look forward to seeing even more!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Neat! Can't wait to see it in action!
15-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I want to download that Soundtrack

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
15-02-2012, 04:22 PM
(15-02-2012 12:57 PM)Observer Wrote:  I want to download that Soundtrack

You can down it & the rest of the album entirely for free and completely legally here Smile

Creative Commons FTW!

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
15-02-2012, 10:00 PM
(15-02-2012 04:22 PM)Shannow Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 12:57 PM)Observer Wrote:  I want to download that Soundtrack

You can down it & the rest of the album entirely for free and completely legally here Smile

Creative Commons FTW!

It's even cooler to watch when the mind is a bit altered. I highly recommend it!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Is this data presented in a visual form? Or just fun visual graphics? Cool, either way! Smile
16-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Very clever. Excellent work! Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-02-2012, 10:56 AM
(16-02-2012 12:33 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Is this data presented in a visual form? Or just fun visual graphics?

Hi LadyJane - both I think!

I wanted to see what a forum thread would look like if it was made into a picture.

Similarly, this forum is effectively a social network - people connect with people from all over the globe and form relationships. I set myself the challenge of trying to realise that in a picture...or graph.

Our Forum is different to conventional social networks like Facebook or whatever becuase you don't 'follow' or 'friend' individuals, you 'follow' ideas and concepts. This makes visualising it as a network very tricky, but after much data crunching I've found some (hopefully) interesting things and will be sharing them on this thread over the coming weeks.

First vid and some attachments should be up by Friday (hopefully)

[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
16-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Cool! Excited to see Smile