Forum Visualisations

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3 Average
04-04-2012, 01:51 PM
RE: Forum Visualisations
(04-04-2012 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What the fuck? Why'd you keep your wisdom teeth for so long? That wasn't wise. Just pull them fuckers. Had mine dug out 30+ years ago when I was 18 yo in the Navy before they had even emerged. Ain't no dentists on submarines so they did it prophylactically. There's no good reason for them, they cause nothing but trouble.
I'm scared of dentists...it was only when the pain became unbearable that I faced the fear...

I image herpes in the eye would be worse...the toothache was still the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Pain free now though!

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't know if I want to know by how does one acquire herpes of the eye?

I also share the fear of dentists. And surgeons. Rational fear is the worst kind. There aren't many ways around it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
04-04-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 02:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-04-2012 01:51 PM)Shannow Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What the fuck? Why'd you keep your wisdom teeth for so long? That wasn't wise. Just pull them fuckers. Had mine dug out 30+ years ago when I was 18 yo in the Navy before they had even emerged. Ain't no dentists on submarines so they did it prophylactically. There's no good reason for them, they cause nothing but trouble.
I'm scared of dentists...it was only when the pain became unbearable that I faced the fear...

Navy made me scared shitless of Dentists. Dudes digging my not yet emerged wisdom teeth out weren't Dentists, they were kids like me who were training to be Dentists. Only reason I go to one now is for extraction. There's one molar I got which has a year or two left on it at most. Wink

(04-04-2012 02:01 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And surgeons.

Surgeons don't scare me as long as they are assisted by a capable anesthesiologist.

(04-04-2012 01:51 PM)Shannow Wrote:  I image herpes in the eye would be worse...the toothache was still the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Pain free now though!

Only thing that'll touch herpes in the eye is a topical anaesthetic which alleviates the pain immediately. Unfortunately it also suppresses the body's immune response which makes it counterproductive. ... A gout flareup is also worse than a toothache now that I'm looking through my pain archive.

(04-04-2012 02:01 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't know if I want to know by how does one acquire herpes of the eye?

Doc tells me it's just shingles in the eye. If you've ever had Chickenpox, that shit ain't dead, it's just dormant waiting for the proper moment to fuck with you again. ... That said, we did do some crazy shit to the first dude who passed out back in my University days. Not that crazy though and I don't recall ever being the first one to pass out ... not that I recall anyway. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Girly... your so full of crazy medical knowlage shit man Shocking

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
21-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Next video - thread killers and thread creators.

I've drawn some conclusions in this one that I'm not 100% sure about, so would welcome your thoughts.

Video link here

Pdf's at the bottom as usual.

Video embedded here:

Attached File(s)
.pdf  creators.pdf (Size: 140.68 KB / Downloads: 48)
.pdf  killers.pdf (Size: 231.28 KB / Downloads: 67)

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 10 users Like Shannow's post
30-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Back again!

Here's vid 9....more on Likes....

Link here

And embedded below and pdf at bottom, enjoy:

Something a bit different to celebrate vid 10...stay tuned....

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Like Machines.pdf (Size: 281.38 KB / Downloads: 46)

[+] 8 users Like Shannow's post
02-05-2012, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 11:24 AM by Shannow.)
Hi,

Thought I'd do something a bit different for this video and try and explore how House of Cantor ticks. This is impossible...so instead I've looked at four themes that HoC commonly uses and attempted to see if I could make any sense of them.

HoC has kindly granted his permission for me to share this video with you.

You can watch the video in the embed below, or click the link here to watch it on you tube.

As an aside, this video was made using an awesome HTML5 presentation tool called sliderocket. It's really slick and free Smile You can click here to see the HoC slide deck, if you do any kind of presentations for work/school then I'd recommend it.

[+] 11 users Like Shannow's post
02-05-2012, 11:41 AM
You're amazing man. No fucking around, you are awesome.

Also I always thought I gave a lot of likes, but wow... Erx, you slut. If there were STD's for like giving you'd be the motherload...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
02-05-2012, 12:58 PM
(02-05-2012 11:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You're amazing man. No fucking around, you are awesome.

Also I always thought I gave a lot of likes, but wow... Erx, you slut. If there were STD's for like giving you'd be the motherload...

It's my way of saying, "Amen, Brothers and Sisters!"

Although half the time I hit it by mistake when I think I'm clicking on the reply button!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
(02-05-2012 12:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Although half the time I hit it by mistake when I think I'm clicking on the reply button!

Yeah, huh?

...but you're still a slut. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]