RE: Forum Visualisations
Fascinating stuff! Thumbsup

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Ha! New vids from Shannow! Didn't expect to see any more after your unconscionable and sudden disappearance 'round the time I came along. I have watched most, if not all your vids post mortem, pre-ressurection. Anyhow, great job, looking forward to hearing more from you.

14-07-2013, 10:44 PM
(13-07-2013 10:16 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Hah! My thread is still alive Smile

Deep Thought (who is awesome and helpful and brilliant) has given me a new dataset to play with on Reputation. NOTE: The rep figures in this video are based only on rep awarded by members who are still active in the forum. If you were given rep by someone who has subsequently left/been banned it will not show in this video.

Enjoy:

If you haven't got a clue what I'm going an about in the video, and can't be bothered trawling this enormous thread, you can watch the others via the links below:

1. Tutorial and How I get the data
2. Big data analysis of the entire forum
3. "The Freethinking world" - analysis of our old google map
4. Likes 101 - Introduction to how likes work on the forum
5."4 Types" - Looking at different posting behaviours
6. "Lies, Breasts & Games" Mostly just me moaning about toothache.
7. "Killers & Creators" - Looking at why posts die (and who kills them)
8. "HoC" - My interpretation of some of House of Cantors themes/ideas.

Couple of PDFs attached for those that enjoy that kind of thing:

That was cool.

... Kind wish I could read the PDFs... Zooming in far as they go, I can barely read some of the names.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-07-2013, 02:40 AM
Thanks for all the postive feedback...glad you liked it.

(14-07-2013 12:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  By the way Shannow...you have a wonderful voice, a real pleasure to listen to. I may not fully understand the things you explain, but I will listen anyway...

Thanks Smile Which bits are you not fully understanding? If something's not making sense, let me know and I'll fix it.

Free Thought Wrote:Kind wish I could read the PDFs... Zooming in far as they go, I can barely read some of the names.

Just checked em on Adobe reader on my 13in laptop and I can zoom right down with no blurr? What PDF reader you using?

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
15-07-2013, 05:21 AM
(15-07-2013 02:40 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Thanks for all the postive feedback...glad you liked it.

(14-07-2013 12:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  By the way Shannow...you have a wonderful voice, a real pleasure to listen to. I may not fully understand the things you explain, but I will listen anyway...

Thanks Smile Which bits are you not fully understanding? If something's not making sense, let me know and I'll fix it.

Free Thought Wrote:Kind wish I could read the PDFs... Zooming in far as they go, I can barely read some of the names.

Just checked em on Adobe reader on my 13in laptop and I can zoom right down with no blurr? What PDF reader you using?

Never mind, fixed it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-07-2013, 09:19 AM
(15-07-2013 02:40 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Thanks for all the postive feedback...glad you liked it.

Oh Shannow, it's nothing deficient in your explanation...whenever anything is based heavily on math, my mind turns to jello...I am certain your explanations are fine...it's my ability to understand them that is at issue...I am mathicapped, totally so and there's no known cure. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Shannow, the first video you posted a link to is your second video, correct? It is a bit confusing. If that is indeed the case where is your first?

15-07-2013, 11:49 AM
lol @ "savage irony"

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-07-2013, 12:28 PM
(15-07-2013 09:19 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Oh Shannow, it's nothing deficient in your explanation...whenever anything is based heavily on math, my mind turns to jello...I am certain your explanations are fine...it's my ability to understand them that is at issue...I am mathicapped, totally so and there's no known cure. Tongue

I've offered to whip you into shape. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Good shit.

So when are the mods gonna sticky this thread?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post