Forum Visualisations

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: Forum Visualisations
It's Monday...and rest assured I'm not sitting on my hands.

Working on vairious things just now (in order):

(1) Just submitted the latest draft of the survey to the admins, this should be fit for wider feedback later this week.

(2) Been working on a global weather algorithm for the map visualisation. This is a headache, but my aim is to create a visual representation of the weather over the last year, overlaid with our user map AND a picture of who is talking to who. Great fun.

(3) There's some chatter here that's seems to have spawned two videos:
a) A visualisation of 'most liked threads'
b) A visualisation/mash up of Belbin team roles and forum user activity. This one will be tricky and I'll need your help, but it's not impossible.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
19-08-2013, 06:44 AM
(19-08-2013 06:28 AM)Shannow Wrote:  It's Monday...and rest assured I'm not sitting on my hands.

(1) Just submitted the latest draft of the survey to the admins, this should be fit for wider feedback later this week.

(2) Been working on a global weather algorithm for the map visualisation. This is a headache, but my aim is to create a visual representation of the weather over the last year, overlaid with our user map AND a picture of who is talking to who. Great fun.

b) A visualisation/mash up of Belbin team roles and forum user activity. This one will be tricky and I'll need your help, but it's not impossible.

"Belbin team roles"?

Huh?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
19-08-2013, 06:49 AM
(19-08-2013 06:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-08-2013 06:28 AM)Shannow Wrote:  It's Monday...and rest assured I'm not sitting on my hands.

"Belbin team roles"?

Huh?

Too lazy to follow the links? Pah! Here... http://www.belbin.com/rte.asp?id=8

I was musing as to whether the occasional flare-ups we experience might be something to do with an imbalance of Belbin's 9 team characteristics.

19-08-2013, 06:50 AM

Bowing Bowing Bowing

19-08-2013, 07:31 AM

Please don't lose sight of liked posts if you do this. For example, how many posts with 10+ likes? 5+ likes? and so on.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-08-2013, 08:36 AM
(19-08-2013 07:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please don't lose sight of liked posts if you do this. For example, how many posts with 10+ likes? 5+ likes? and so on.

Good point and I'll absolutely keep this in mind.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  my current forum plans BnW 16 245 19-07-2014 02:29 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Pew Forum ... new religion stats ... Bucky Ball 7 119 18-07-2014 10:15 AM
Last Post: Minimalist
  Forum voices. Metazoa Zeke 117 1,390 08-06-2014 02:55 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Would you want a podcast where TTA forum members are the guests? Lightvader 28 391 05-06-2014 07:27 PM
Last Post: evenheathen
  Who else goes on TTA Forum while at work? djkamilo 45 494 02-06-2014 03:14 PM
Last Post: Caveman
Bug Forum addition (Concerning "Self" ban) Alex_Leonardo 23 227 22-05-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  A few things I like about this forum living thing 77 1,072 19-05-2014 07:59 AM
Last Post: Full Circle