Forum addition (Concerning "Self" ban)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Bug Forum addition (Concerning "Self" ban)
I've decided a new plan for a (Minor) forum addition. This refers to this thread.
If we want people banned for no good reason, (or their just being total assholes but they abide by the rules, [but people don't think they do.]) I was thinking we should have a "Council" forum.

In this forum, all active members with negative rep will have a thread. (Only mods can create a thread in this forum.) This thread will have a poll that anonymously everyone can use, and it will have a standard set of choices/convictions that every member can pick. Here is an example:

Should we ban Alex_Leonardo? What has he done wrong?

1. Subjective rule 5. (Members will decide if this person is disrupting the forum.)

2. Subjective intellectual dishonesty

3. Subjective rule 1. (Members will decide if this person is spamming/being repetitive about everything.)

4. Subjective rule 4. (Not exactly rule four, but if the person is being a general douche.)

5. Not guilty.

What do you think?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Forum addition (Concerning "Self" ban)
Nope, we have a system it works very well. It is fair and unbiased as any system can get. No need to go making it more complicated.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-05-2014, 08:19 PM
What's wrong with the current banning system? Yea sometimes trolls last too long before getting banned and it can be annoying, but it's better than the alternative that most forums use. Banning people left and right. I don't want to see a ban log that says; banned for being a douche, banned because most people hate him, banned because we said so.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
21-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Honestly I say keep them. If they want to speak let them. It is a forum a place for open speech. Lets not be like christian forums. Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
21-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Great idea. I'm in favour.

I vote we call it ...

Kangaroo Court

or just...

Lynch Mob

Big Grin

Vote: Lynch Alex

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
21-05-2014, 08:43 PM
(21-05-2014 08:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Great idea. I'm in favour.

I vote we call it ...

Kangaroo Court

or just...

Lynch Mob

Big Grin

Vote: Lynch Alex

I vote put him in creepypasta story with jeff, slenderman, and eyeless jack.Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-05-2014, 11:01 PM
I think I have seen this thread before, but by a different author perhaps. The short answer is no.

This is a dicktatorship. Take or leave it. Since I am 'The Man' in this arena, defending the current system wouldn't be very credible, nor do I have the inclination to for that very reason.

21-05-2014, 11:19 PM
In my short time here I've seen things posted that step over bounds that many boards would not tolerate.
I despise trolls, but I like the freedom to say what I feel.
If one is curtailed won't they both be?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-05-2014, 01:56 AM
(21-05-2014 08:12 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  What do you think?

I think you just self-banned yourself. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-05-2014, 01:58 AM
(21-05-2014 11:19 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  ...
If one is curtailed won't they both be?

Exactly.

This was the first forum I joined. Which means I had no baseline. Now I realise that others don't come close.

TTA as a whole (not just this forum) is seen as a community by its creator.

The fine line to walk is whether it's an inclusive community (welcoming heated discussion and all new members, whoever they are) or an exclusive community (protecting vulnerable members from a world that is hostile to the non-religious).

I wince when I see the attacks on a first post that is worded poorly / assumed to be a troll (I saw that again today).

But I also get sick of the disingenuous and intellectually dishonest (no need to name names is it?) on all sides.

Individual behaviours collectively make up the overall culture of this place.

So far, there has been enough balance to make it worth staying.

Smile

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post