Forum demographics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: Forum demographics
(21-11-2016 09:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Okay, here is the breakdown of the stats thus far for the respondents (I'll make some pretty graphs at some point to accompany this):

For gender:
  • Key Explantion counts percent
  • M male 33 73
  • F female 9 20
  • Ba Bananaman 1 2
  • Nb Nonbinary 1 2
  • GM Girlyman 1 2
This site is good at making pretty graphs quickly and effortlessly: https://jsfiddle.net/qa18cd4e/

Example:

[Image: OzVNGm.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Actually, one picture for all the demographics:

Basically we are (collectively) overwhelmingly male (73%), white (82%), and straight (82%). We apparently like to make political affiliation and opinion as fucking cryptic as possible, but appear to lean more towards the liberal/progressive end of the spectrum (I had to make assumptions about some of you but I have it at ~67% liberal, at least socially).

The most surprising things I have found so far are:
1) we are pretty educationally diverse.
2) while the majority are straight, there is a fair bit of diversity in sexual orientation
3) the age split is pretty good too (45% of us are less than 40, making 55% >40)

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 11 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-11-2016, 09:41 AM
(21-11-2016 09:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 09:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Okay, here is the breakdown of the stats thus far for the respondents (I'll make some pretty graphs at some point to accompany this):

For gender:
  • Key Explantion counts percent
  • M male 33 73
  • F female 9 20
  • Ba Bananaman 1 2
  • Nb Nonbinary 1 2
  • GM Girlyman 1 2
This site is good at making pretty graphs quickly and effortlessly: https://jsfiddle.net/qa18cd4e/

Example:

[Image: OzVNGm.png]

I'll probably fiddle with the data in R

-Rick
21-11-2016, 09:44 AM
(21-11-2016 09:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Actually, one picture for all the demographics:

Basically we are (collectively) overwhelmingly male (73%), white (82%), and straight (82%). We apparently like to make political affiliation and opinion as fucking cryptic as possible, but appear to lean more towards the liberal/progressive end of the spectrum (I had to make assumptions about some of you but I have it at ~67% liberal, at least socially).

2) while the majority are straight, there is a fair bit of diversity in sexual orientation
3) the age split is pretty good too (45% of us are less than 40, making 55% >40)

I love how Girly gets his own line item for every statistic! Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
21-11-2016, 09:49 AM
(21-11-2016 09:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 09:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Actually, one picture for all the demographics:

I love how Girly gets his own line item for every statistic! Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

He didn't give me usable answers. I had to leave out Paleophyte but maybe I should give him his own key too? Consider

-Rick
21-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Nationality would have been an interesting stat
21-11-2016, 09:53 AM
(21-11-2016 09:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Nationality would have been an interesting stat

Which reminds me that I have one more person to add from a PM who recommended that be in there.

Yes, if people want to add nationality, go for it. I'll also continue to add to the spreadsheet as people join in. Flag your posts in some way if it has data you want included.

-Rick
21-11-2016, 09:59 AM
British, (Americans former owner) Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Fun with Google Charts.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-11-2016, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016 01:00 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
Age Distribution:

Education:

Political Parties:

Forum races:

Sexual identity:

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post