Forum demographics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Forum demographics
(18-11-2016 07:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I was awarded a BSCS from the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences at the University of Maryland College Park. I was awarded an MSCS from the Johns Hopkins University.
Oh, your undergraduate degrees and post graduate degrees come from different schools, that's interesting (I didn't know that). Is that always the case?
I wonder if we have post graduate only schools here? I haven't heard of such a thing.

We term universities as tertiary school, after primary and college.
Do you guys consider master's degree to be a tertiary qualification or something beyond tertiary?

(18-11-2016 07:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My read on that is that colleges confer Associate's and Bachelor's degrees and universities confer Master's and PhDs. Colleges in the US don't award anything higher than Bachelor's. Your college is our middle and high school. ... 'cause you're a penal colony.
Yeah, seems America is a bit different to the rest of the world, It gets a bit confusing talking to Americans some times.
You guys are also strong on professional College teams, over here, people go to universities to get a degree rather than to get into professional sports.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2016, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 01:05 PM by Gloucester.)
(17-11-2016 03:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I wonder if anyone is willing to submit some basic demographics for me to compile about who is on the forum? If so, submit the info here or as a PM to me if you don't want it public. Info I am interested in with myself as an example:

Sex: M
Sexual orientation: straight
Race/Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Highest level of education completed: MS
Political affiliation: Democrat/Liberal

Highest level of education completed: GCSE: Eng. Language & Maths (at age 61*)
Political affiliation: Apolitcal/anarchist

*Never took any certs at school, RAF electronics training, took a school cert at age 28, "Access to Higher Education" (year long prep for uni course in English Language) age 61, 6 months at uni until left for health reasons.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
18-11-2016, 01:00 PM
(18-11-2016 12:56 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(17-11-2016 03:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I wonder if anyone is willing to submit some basic demographics for me to compile about who is on the forum? If so, submit the info here or as a PM to me if you don't want it public. Info I am interested in with myself as an example:

Highest level of education completed: MS
Political affiliation: Democrat/Liberal

Highest level of education completed: GCSE: Eng. Language & Maths

I read Political affiliation as Apocalyptic/antichrist ... fuck meFacepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
18-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Freud works in mysterious ways, as does Kinsey. All these "straight" responses, LOL.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-11-2016, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 01:11 PM by Gloucester.)
(18-11-2016 01:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 12:56 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Sex: M
Highest level of education completed: GCSE: Eng. Language & Maths

I read Political affiliation as Apocalyptic/antichrist ... fuck meFacepalm

Oops Smile

And thanks for the offer but . . . No thanks

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
18-11-2016, 01:06 PM
(18-11-2016 12:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 07:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I was awarded a BSCS from the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences at the University of Maryland College Park. I was awarded an MSCS from the Johns Hopkins University.
Oh, your undergraduate degrees and post graduate degrees come from different schools, that's interesting (I didn't know that). Is that always the case?

It's suggested.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-11-2016, 01:17 PM
(18-11-2016 01:06 PM)skyking Wrote:  Freud works in mysterious ways, as does Kinsey. All these "straight" responses, LOL.

Oh I'm straight but...

[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
18-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Drooling

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
18-11-2016, 01:28 PM
(18-11-2016 01:06 PM)skyking Wrote:  Freud works in mysterious ways, as does Kinsey. All these "straight" responses, LOL.

You know, it's funny. I love to look at a beautiful woman....not in a sexual way, it's more to do with aesthetics of the female face. A really beautiful woman is an amazing thing to look at. Partly because physical human beauty is so fleeting. It's been proven that if a product has a beautiful woman on the cover or box or in the advertisement, more women will buy it. But I don't think it's because women consumers are lesbian or bi-sexual, I think it's just the beauty of the female face everyone is attracted to. Beauty is very powerful.

Kinda off topic.....sorry.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-11-2016, 01:35 PM

Well, to be fair, I'm also a pyrophiliac (not pyromaniac).