Foul language 4.35% 1 4.35%
Total 23 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Forum dislikes!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: Forum dislikes!
Still waiting for an administrative reply re Hobbitgirl's question,as to what all the stars under poster's names mean.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
This was from Hughsie a month or so ago when a couple of us asked.

Hughsie Wrote:
Quote:(10-01-2013 12:55 PM)Anjele Wrote: If it weren't for your OCD, we would have just been screwed out of our stars...by the way...what do they mean?
Just something that's there, how many you get depends on your user group.

Seth gets 10
Admins get 7
Super-mods/contributers get 6
Mods get 5

I can't remember the rest.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Normally I have no qualms here but lately I dislike how spikey the forum feels.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I want the nothing at all option so I can see the results!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
06-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Re: Forum dislikes!
So far I have no real complaints. I enjoy my time here and appreciate the hard work admins do. Especially since they don't get paid for their time. *shrug*
Thank you for answering my question btw Smile
06-02-2013, 10:45 PM
In addition what Anjele posted:
Ex-staff have 6 stars ( although Stark has 7 pot leaves)
Vets have 5 Stars
Making your first post bumps one up to two stars
10 posts (pretty sure) is 3 stars
Becoming a full members grants 4 stars
Dipping into negative rep knocks one back to 3 stars.

I can't think of any real dislikes for the forum. There are certainly things that could be better though, such as a more dynamic variant of the shoutbox, or a buddy list that actually does something useful. The search option hasn't been very user friendly for me either, as in I don't know how to actually get specific results, I only get either every thread on the forum or none at all. Not sure what's going on there (maybe I'm just missing something really simple).

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
07-02-2013, 10:07 AM
(06-02-2013 10:10 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I want the nothing at all option so I can see the results!
Under the bottom right hand corner of the poll, in grey, "Show Results".

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
07-02-2013, 07:33 PM
(06-02-2013 10:45 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  The search option hasn't been very user friendly for me either, as in I don't know how to actually get specific results, I only get either every thread on the forum or none at all. Not sure what's going on there (maybe I'm just missing something really simple).

The "Show Results as threads" option under "Display Options" on the Search page is pretty much fucking useless given the level of thread derailment we enjoy here. Big Grin

The "Show Results as posts" option under "Display Options" can be quite useful if your Keyword and/or Username criteria are pretty specific.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-02-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 08:02 PM by Hughsie.)
I was gonna be good and stay the fuck outta this thread but, to hell with it, I wanna join in. Big Grin

My biggest gripe is what I call negative posting. People nowadays seem more inclined to post in a thread that they have an objection to than one they have an interest in. That's why the most read/replied to threads recently all seem to be about the holocaust, or started by someone highly controversial like FZU or Egor, whilst truly interesting threads in A+T struggle to make it past a couple of pages. It means the forum gets clogged up with ridicule and insults rather than discussion.

I'd like to see people focus on threads that interest them and ignore threads that they have an issue with, as opposed to vice-versa like it seems to be at the moment sometimes.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 7 users Like Hughsie's post
07-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I hate it when people start a topic with a question so poorly worded that it's either impeneratable (i.e., ya' can't understand or define it) or unanswerable - or both. The Christians and the Trolls excel in this and, as a result, provoke the people on this board to waste a lot of discussion bandwidth. It's tiresome.
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post