Foul language 4.35% 1 4.35%
Total 23 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Forum dislikes!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Forum dislikes!
(07-02-2013 07:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I was gonna be good and stay the fuck outta this thread but, to hell with it, I wanna join in. Big Grin

My biggest gripe is what I call negative posting. People nowadays seem more inclined to post in a thread that they have an objection to than one they have an interest in. That's why the most read/replied to threads recently all seem to be about the holocaust, or started by someone highly controversial like FZU or Egor, whilst truly interesting threads in A+T struggle to make it past a couple of pages. It means the forum gets clogged up with ridicule and insults rather than discussion.

I'd like to see people focus on threads that interest them and ignore threads that they have an issue with, as opposed to vice-versa like it seems to be at the moment sometimes.

Like we say at my work, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes, it'll change." ... 'Course we use that as a metaphor for our management. Evil_monster

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 11:49 AM by Anjele.)
Hughsie,
I just want to point out that with such a large group of posters here, everything isn't going to be all sweetness and light. That just isn't going to happen. When you have someone posting crap that is meant for the sole reason of riling people up, people are going to get riled up. When several people suspect this person has been banned before for similar behavior, people aren't going to like it.

If a person has been banned and is allowed to come back and do the same, there will be interaction when there should probably be action taken by those that can do something to keep the same hate and discontent from happening all over again to feed some assholes ego.

As for others, like Ego®, it seems that we are just supposed to say, "gee thanks for coming back to call us names and generally be a dick".

It just ain't gonna be happy around here all the time unless you figure out a way to get the right kind of chemicals to waft out of the screen and make everyone mellow.

I get the free speech thing but sometimes the abusive shit that's allowed to continue unabated is a bit much and it evokes a lot of emotional reaction.

Unless you want to change this to the "Shiny, Happy People Forum" shits gonna hit the fan when the shit-slingers are allowed to troll the place. People tend to get protective and territorial when attacked/challenged/insulted.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
(07-02-2013 07:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I was gonna be good and stay the fuck outta this thread but, to hell with it, I wanna join in. Big Grin

My biggest gripe is what I call negative posting. People nowadays seem more inclined to post in a thread that they have an objection to than one they have an interest in. That's why the most read/replied to threads recently all seem to be about the holocaust, or started by someone highly controversial like FZU or Egor, whilst truly interesting threads in A+T struggle to make it past a couple of pages. It means the forum gets clogged up with ridicule and insults rather than discussion.

I'd like to see people focus on threads that interest them and ignore threads that they have an issue with, as opposed to vice-versa like it seems to be at the moment sometimes.

Well... That blows my game plan out of the water.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-02-2013, 10:14 AM
(06-02-2013 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I might just have some grievances with one or two of the community members here, but I find myself wonderfully content.
Yup.
(06-02-2013 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  In my totally weightless opinion; there are very few discussions which are above ridicule in some way.
Which have you found above ridicule? 'Cause I ain't seen them.
(06-02-2013 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I agree with Seth in saying that swearing is a sniper rifle, as opposed to a machine gun, but I think foul language is fine.
I'll spend my .50 caliber ammo as I goddam motherfucking please, thankyou very fucking much. Big Grin

08-02-2013, 10:36 AM
(07-02-2013 10:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hughsie,
I just want to point out that with such a large group of posters here, everything isn't going to be all sweetness and light. That just isn't going to happen. When you have someone posting crap that is meant for the sole reason of riling people up, people are going to get riled up. When several people suspect this person has been banned before for similar behavior, people aren't going to like it.

If a person has been banned and is allowed to come back and do the same, there will be interaction when there should probably be action taken by those that can do something to keep the same hate and discontent from happening all over again to feed some assholes ego.

As for others, like Ego®, it seems that we are just supposed to say, "gee thanks for coming back to call us names and generally be a dick".

It just ain't gonna be happy around her all the time unless you figure out a way to get the right kind of chemicals to waft out of the screen and make everyone mellow.

I get the free speech thing but sometimes the abusive shit that's allowed to continue unabated is a bit much and it evokes a lot of emotional reaction.

Unless you want to change this to the "Shiny, Happy People Forum" shits gonna hit the fan when the shit-slingers are allowed to troll the place. People tend to get protective and territorial when attacked/challenged/insulted.

There are are 2 main reasons I like this forum (I mean apart from the fact the fact that I can cuss like a goddam motherfucking vulgar hairless talking drunk sailor monkey)

1) I enjoy talking to people who have questioned the metaphysics they've been fed and are instead formulating their own.
2) I enjoy dicking with dicks. Bring it bitch. ... Let's take to the dohyō.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-02-2013, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 01:19 PM by Vosur.)
I chose "foul language", although I would have also picked "derailing" if we had two votes.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like fucking swearing like a goddamn drunken motherfucking sailor, I often laugh at earmuff's slandering rants and I don't really mind a derailed thread now and then; what I have an issue is when this occurs where it's inapproriate.

I'd prefer if believers and unbelievers alike would refrain both from insulting each other while in a discussion and derailing serious threads because it's unproductive at best and disrespectful and counter-productive at worst.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
(08-02-2013 01:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I chose "foul language", although I would have also picked "derailing" if we had two votes.
What a load of crap, jerkface.

Also - bunnies.
[Image: picnicbunny.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
(08-02-2013 01:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 01:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I chose "foul language", although I would have also picked "derailing" if we had two votes.
What a load of crap, jerkface.

Also - bunnies.
[Image: picnicbunny.jpg]

They taste like chicken. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Hey, I wish I could make paragraphs again! Everything gets squished together and longer posts become almost unreadable!!!
The terse and deadly ones won't have the issue, but us sweet and lethal ones groan!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-02-2013, 01:40 PM
(06-02-2013 09:25 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Still waiting for an administrative reply re Hobbitgirl's question,as to what all the stars under poster's names mean.
An atheist worried about the meaning of some stars under his nick... Consider

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post