We all have our different grievances.
What do you dislike the most about this forum? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: Forum dislikes!
[Image: 34460002.jpg]

J/k

The shoutbox is kind of irrelevant, a better live chat might work better (not one at the bottom but a page dedicated to it).

And maybe a little more info for each user that goes along with each post. Such as more than just a few stars (that I have no idea how you get or how you make something other than stars) but also atheist/theist/agnostic/none of the above. Just so I know what the views are of any new people coming into the debate. And maybe their location (not specific but maybe US/UK/etc), that would be really helpful in some cases because I don't often know if I am talking about something US-related to someone from another country (like Ghost being in Canada means some of my America-centric stories might be less relatable)

Evolve
[+] 7 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Re: Forum dislikes!
How do the stars work?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
06-02-2013, 02:43 PM
(06-02-2013 02:37 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  How do the stars work?

Beautifully.

[Image: 800px-Starsinthesky.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
06-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I was torn between derailment and ridicule of serious discussions, but I go with derailment. Some times I'd like to talk and read about a topic but is too late because the derailment start so early in a thread's life, it's a like an puppy dying too soon Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
06-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I might just have some grievances with one or two of the community members here, but I find myself wonderfully content.

It might annoy me when people make a text Wall, but I have been guilty of that myself, so I cannot really complain.
I still demand an emoticon which shakes it's fist angrily, but otherwise they are fine.
The moderators do well by us, sure they have times when some might get snippy, but don't we all? Them being in a higher position doesn't excuse them from that. Overall, I think they have done right by us.
Half the time, I'm doing the derailing, so I certainly cannot complain, besides, it's good here, it works.
In my totally weightless opinion; there are very few discussions which are above ridicule in some way. Sure, the personal stuff, we can leave that out, but pretty much everything else I think is open to my inborn larrikinism.
I agree with Seth in saying that swearing is a sniper rifle, as opposed to a machine gun, but I think foul language is fine.

[Image: the_end_is_not_for_a_while.png]

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
06-02-2013, 03:07 PM
I agree with The Dude...a chat would be great.
I also agree with nachin regarding some of the derailments, there are times when a person really is looking for advice or support and this is the place they think they can come to and things can sometimes go really off track really quickly. I think it minimizes whatever pain the person is going through.
Sometimes derailment is the perfect thing to get things loosened, just not always.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-02-2013, 05:44 PM
On the advice of counsel, I can't reply to this thread. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-02-2013, 05:58 PM
(06-02-2013 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  On the advice of counsel, I can't reply to this thread. Dodgy
Well! Whose going to answer Hobbitgirls question then? Dodgy
06-02-2013, 06:10 PM
(06-02-2013 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  On the advice of counsel, I can't reply to this thread. Dodgy

(derail)

And yet, you did.

I detect snippiness.

(rerail)

Mr Woof,
I want to add one...

NOT READING EARLIER POSTS.

Daily, I'll be reading through a thread and the 'perfect' witty comment is formulating in my head ... I'm tempted to throw it in there but I will read the whole thread before I do... I'm hoping, as I read that no one else has covered what I want to say... If they do, I have a pang of disappointment but also feel a little admiration towards the person who beat me to it (like Bucky, yesterday).
To me, it feels like a matter of respect.
Sad, I know, but I do actually feel a bit dissed when I have made a comment that then gets repeated (perhaps even on the next page) my someone else.

Pathetic, isn't it?

Similarly, posts that start with... "I haven't bothered / haven't had time to read the previous pages but...". That's just lazy. One day I'll take a deep breath and start reading the Ask A Theist thread. One day...

Weeping