Forum tips for internet noobs.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-06-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: Forum tips for internet noobs.
(27-04-2012 02:49 PM)germanyt Wrote:  The View New Posts link does this but also shows new posts in threads that you didn't post in. However, the icon next to each thread will indicate whether or not it contains a post of yours. As for something that shows posts made as a direct reply to your post, I've never seen that option before on a forum. Most I use are vBulletin.
Thanks for the tip. I currently use the Search function where I write my nickname to the Search by username rectangle. It shows where I posted and if there are any new posts, which is good. It has only two disadvantages:
- the topics are not sorted according to new posts
- I can't bookmark that search.

Again, what a shame for otherwise such a well-made forum. I'd gladly exchange Shoutbox over this feature. On other forums I use it all the time, to see I got a reply is a most exciting feeling Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Any advice for posting pictures from an iPhone? Is there an iPhone app?
19-10-2013, 11:24 PM
(19-10-2013 11:21 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Any advice for posting pictures from an iPhone? Is there an iPhone app?

I use photobucket. It's kinda tedious.

You have upload from iPhone to photobucket

Then get the code thingy and post that.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-10-2013, 11:31 PM
(19-10-2013 11:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 11:21 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Any advice for posting pictures from an iPhone? Is there an iPhone app?

I use photobucket. It's kinda tedious.

I was hoping that would not be the response lol. Oh well c'est la vie
20-10-2013, 12:23 PM
(19-10-2013 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 11:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I use photobucket. It's kinda tedious.

I was hoping that would not be the response lol. Oh well c'est la vie

It's pretty simple actually. Create a photobucket profile and download the app. When you take pics it'll provide you with the option to upload via photobucket straight from your phone. The link to the photo is available from their website or the app. Just copy and paste it. If you don't have a photobucket you really should get one. It's a great way to store pics to use online or just to have in case you lose your phone.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-11-2013, 11:43 AM
(27-04-2012 02:41 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 07:16 AM)germanyt Wrote:  You can subscribe to a thread. You'll get a message if anyone posts in that thread and can even set up email alerts so you will know each and every time someone posts in a thread of interest.
I see. Nevermind me, I am just used to this feature from two other forums and it's awesome. To instantly see all replies to your posts without having to subscribe to them or having your inbox clogged with notices. I use this function more often than searching for all new posts.
What forums are these?
Just curious

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
29-11-2013, 12:02 PM
(20-10-2013 12:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(19-10-2013 11:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I was hoping that would not be the response lol. Oh well c'est la vie

It's pretty simple actually. Create a photobucket profile and download the app. When you take pics it'll provide you with the option to upload via photobucket straight from your phone. The link to the photo is available from their website or the app. Just copy and paste it. If you don't have a photobucket you really should get one. It's a great way to store pics to use online or just to have in case you lose your phone.

Yea I just didn't want to use photobucket because I deleted my account with them a long time ago lol. But I discovered that in mobile version I can just easily upload a picture from the mobile version by clicking 'choose file' under New Attachment.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)