Forums for the other view

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2010, 08:05 AM
RE: Forums for the other view
Oh god, won't be easy...Do our posts have to reflect our atheism?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2010, 09:38 AM
(21-12-2010 08:05 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Oh god, won't be easy...Do our posts have to reflect our atheism?

Well.. we should at least seam to be skeptical of the consensus. And not make 100 posts in 5 minutes. It wouldn't be fair if we didn't give them a small chance of banning us after each post.
Maybe Omega could post a link to the forum? just so that we are all posting on the same forum. Smile

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
21-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I think I found it here. Here is a snip from the rules.
Quote:Post the Christian perspective, as you see it, but don't post anything on this web site that praises other religions, or gods. Those seeking Jesus are welcome, but Proselytizers are not. Anti-Christ will not be allowed to play the "convince me of God" game on this web site.
Note how they refer to (presumably) atheists as 'Anti-Christ'. What really annoys about that bit is that it's singular where it should be plural.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
21-12-2010, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2010 12:30 PM by Kikko.)
(21-12-2010 09:51 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I think I found it here. Here is a snip from the rules.
Quote:Post the Christian perspective, as you see it, but don't post anything on this web site that praises other religions, or gods. Those seeking Jesus are welcome, but Proselytizers are not. Anti-Christ will not be allowed to play the "convince me of God" game on this web site.
Note how they refer to (presumably) atheists as 'Anti-Christ'. What really annoys about that bit is that it's singular where it should be plural.
So only the antichrist is forbidden from posting the kind of ''convince me of God game''. That's a really good comma to screw if they point it out.

Aboot the challenge, count me in! I don't know if it would feel like invading someone elses' area, but damn I want to win something!

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-12-2010, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2010 03:14 PM by omega21.)
Yeah on the ChristianChat I was able to register as FineWithoutGod but my first post was blocked my a moderator. Their rules make me laugh. They are scrared of the truth, and have a hatred for anyone that tries to tell them the facts. Also I just reregistered on there as Delta21. I started a post saying that I am a christian, and asking why are there atheist? I just wanted to see the funny responses.
21-12-2010, 05:43 PM
That sounds fun. I might mess around on there, pretend to be a Christian. If it proves entertaining I might even pretend to lose my faith. I'll have fun this winter.

Anyway, for the contest some people are talking about; I am interested in that too, if anyone else is game. So, to continue that idea, how about I offer-up some potential rules? 100% negotiable, just throwing stuff out.

1. The forum is True Christian Forum.
2. You can only create one account for the game.
3. No outright lies, but misleading half-truths are acceptable(you can't say you are currently a strong believer, but you can say you are doubting there is a god).
4. Only posts about religion count(no game or favorite music).
5. Whoever makes the most posts win.
6. Once banned you are out of the game.

Feel free to amend as you see fit.

21-12-2010, 06:53 PM
So essentially we are doing what hackers do and executing a simultaneous overload of unwanted traffic on the same site? Count me in.

And if the competition applies to all religious forums, wouldn't Buddhism be the way to go? The religion of peace and meditation? Or what if you post English posts that aren't understood on a foreign religion's site. Would that be a loophole?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
22-12-2010, 09:53 AM
(21-12-2010 05:43 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  1. The forum is True Christian Forum.
2. You can only create one account for the game.
3. No outright lies, but misleading half-truths are acceptable(you can't say you are currently a strong believer, but you can say you are doubting there is a god).
4. Only posts about religion count(no game or favorite music).
5. Whoever makes the most posts win.
6. Once banned you are out of the game.

I think this sounds good. I have registered there now. I think you will be able to recognize me. Wink
I have not posted yet, but I thought I would introduce myself as someone who has been raised protestant. This I think will be a good use of the "half-truths" clause.

I propose an amendment to rule 3 though. If we are asked a direct question where an honest answer is guarantied to get us banned, we should be able to lie, and ask the forgiveness of this forum afterwards.

Also people, remember to take print screens of your posts. They are sure to be removed when you get banned, and we need documentation.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
22-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Here's the key to winning this: put yourself out there as a believer whose faith is dwindling and needs help maintaining it(word it so it's a half truth). Religious folk love to be the "better than thou" who are are dealing out advice and help to others (very Jesus-y of them). Surely it would take a dozen posts or so before they ban a fellow believer who is in danger of falling to the dark side.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
22-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Alright, sounds good. I'm on there as "Praise". Norseman, I'm fine with that amendment, if anyone is not, speak up. Let the game begin.