Forums for the other view

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2010, 05:55 PM
RE: Forums for the other view
Well that answers the banning question... Couldn't they just put 'anti-christ' as the reason? They seem pretty happy with that term.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I was banned for asking them why are there atheist? I guess the moderator knew the responses would be too funny. I am so bad at pretending to be a christian lol. I just cannot even pretend to be ignorant....
23-12-2010, 01:17 AM
TCF really is a heavily moderated forum. You will notice that there are only 10 ( I counted ) posts with 50 or more replies in the "general Christian forum" witch seams to be tha main part of the site. I always thought that Christian = right wing and right wing = free speech advocate. I seem to be getting a lot of things wrong lately.

Anyways, I have made a few posts now, but they have all been to chicken to be counted when we compare scores. I'm reading up on the older posts to try to get an idea of what I can hope to get away with. I have a strong feeling we might be in over our heads on this one.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
23-12-2010, 07:44 AM
I manged to post three posts(counting intro) that count. I'm a little bit amazed I'm not banned yet...But I think the trick is to try to use scriptures. Here is something I posted and got away with.

Quote:I know that the Bible takes a clear stance on homosexuality, but doesn't it also say that God is the judge, not us? And I have talked to homosexuals, they know what they do is a sin according to the Bible. Most of them realise this too. They are not willing to listen to what the Bible says. It just seems to me that if we want to convert as many to Christianity as possible, we should focus on people who can be converted.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
23-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice ashley. I like the "according to the bible" and "IF we want to convert" bits. classroom example of the half truth rule. Smile

30-12-2010, 11:58 AM
(20-12-2010 01:00 PM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  Do any of you know of any theist forums I can hang out in when I feel like arguing in stead of discussing? I really want to go on a hard core Christian forum and ruin peoples day using reason. Tongue
Here are two Christian forums that allow atheists to post:

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/index.php

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/forum.php

In the second one there are restrictions on which forums atheists can post in but they can freely express their beliefs there.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2010, 02:39 PM
You people are a bunch of assholes! I Heart you all! Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
30-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I admire all your bravery Tongue I took a look at a Christian forum (http://www.christianforums.com/) and there was just way too much ignorance on there for me to handle o.0 I think I would drive myself crazy posting on any religious forum trying to deal with all the irrationality Tongue

Anyways, I'm gonna check the forum out (though I won't create a username) and I'll read some of your posts. Curious to see who's gonna win ^.^

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I'm out.
Final score: 0 points.

damn..