Foster parents

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Foster parents
We are now foster parents. Have four of our own. One in college, the youngest is 5.

Three extra is sure gonna be a change. 2,1,and new born. An awful thing to think these three beautiful kids were neglected.

T.H.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like T.H.'s post
17-01-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Foster parents
Welcome to the forum!

You're doing a wonderful thing. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Such a big move! I will never forget the day our first foster daughter moved in. Time to pour your heart out.

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
17-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Hug Clap Heart

Buckle your seat belt -- the ride is about to start. And I bet you are going to love the sights.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
17-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Awesome...something I am not cut out for so I am a bit in awe of those that are.

Four kids under 6...thud...

Wow, just wow. Those kids are lucky you are able to do this.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I reflect all of the other posters. Please, keep us up to date! Heart

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
18-01-2014, 06:58 AM
It's a great thing you are doing - they are siblings, I would guess?

We were foster parents for a teenager - that is a whole different set of problems.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. What a great thing you're doing. Foster parents are way better than government institutions for children. They're cheaper and children have way lesser criminality rates, even if you don't get them so young. As fostering policy goes, you've won a jackpot Wink

I've got something to share with you. When I was a small boy, less than 10 years probably, I participated in a nature protection club. There was a knowledge competition. I won a book about various species of parrots and taking care of them. The book said, "Never punish your parrot, or your relationship will be destroyed."
I did not really understood that sentence until very recently.

I am relatively newly an enthusiast of peaceful, non-violent, voluntary parenting, that is, treating children as our fellow persons, fostering their own will. I believe punishment replaces the child's will and motivation with our own, and when we withdraw our attention, neither is left but wounds and emptiness. It is really our good, non-violent relationship that allows us to exert influence on children. If we treat strangers in the public with respect, voluntarily, without yelling or making bad consequences for them, we should pay even greater respect to children, regardless of their temporary mental deficiency. If we treat them as persons as soon as we can, they will grow into persons and not into bad copies of their parents.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
18-01-2014, 10:03 AM
(18-01-2014 08:46 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I've got something to share with you. When I was a small boy, less than 10 years probably, I participated in a nature protection club. There was a knowledge competition. I won a book about various species of parrots and taking care of them.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
27-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Well, it's a week later and the three kids have been placed with another family. My wife was crushed by her realization that there were just too many for our lifestyle. They ended up with friends of ours(crazy religious). Far better situation than they were pulled from.
There are far worse things than growing up religious.

It was a good way to get our feet wet and learn what to ask before placement.

T.H.