Found Some Fire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Found Some Fire
Watching the local news tonight I saw where they are going to put a massive "In God We Trust" sign inside our our district court.

Needless to say I was irritated, but to make matters worse, this is the county I work for and the bitch they interviewed on the news was the county commissioner who has denied our Sheriff's request to get us raises for several years. But according to her "This is something we really need."

As of tomorrow morning I'm going to begin my investigation into the cost of this sign and my protest to its necessity versus the need for employee raises.

In truth I'm fucking furious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
03-11-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Found Some Fire
Good on yer mate...

And if they don't listen... Blow the fucking thing up!

EDIT:

Should say... That was a joke.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2014, 08:24 PM
I'd be really angry too. You tell 'em Fodder!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
03-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Payoff the sign maker to make it say
"In god we thrust"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
04-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Just asked my youth pastor coworker what he felt about this situation. After some mildly aggressive debate that went nowhere because of his arrogant demeanor, he settled on being okay with the county spending money on the sign because A) "This country was founded on religious beliefs." and B) "God's plan" yada yada

When I denied the "Christian Nation" business, all I got was I'm wrong he's right and Thomas Jefferson really was a Christian.

Tough to deal with these folks.
04-11-2014, 12:59 AM
(03-11-2014 09:26 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Payoff the sign maker to make it say
"In god we thrust"

Nonono, that's the evil genius of this. Due to the lack of a raise, he can't afford to pay off the sign maker.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
04-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Try calling FFRF, they might just help you fight it.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
04-11-2014, 05:26 AM
"Let's put up a sign to let God know we trust him, cause our actions sure as heck don't show it and we don't know what omnipotent means! Alternatively, we want some inspirational sounding phrase, and have the creativity, individuality, and research skills of a gnat!"

May Thor give you strength to stop this idiocy.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
04-11-2014, 05:48 AM
(04-11-2014 05:26 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Let's put up a sign to let God know we trust him, cause our actions sure as heck don't show it and we don't know what omnipotent means! Alternatively, we want some inspirational sounding phrase, and have the creativity, individuality, and research skills of a gnat!"

May Thor give you strength to stop this idiocy.

Well, at the very least, Thor can provide the hammer...

*ba-dum-tish*

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]