Found a pet bunny - anyone w/ bunny experience?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 03:21 PM
RE: Found a pet bunny - anyone w/ bunny experience?
Never had a bunny, but I do like watching Bugs Bunny.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
17-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Enter it into a bunny hop. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-01-2017, 03:35 PM
I cant believe i just watched a bunny jumping competition. Weeping Blink Facepalm Hobo

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
17-01-2017, 04:09 PM
(17-01-2017 01:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  3) Bunny droppings. Bunny eat. They nibble a lot. Because they're herbivores and rather small they don't have a really long tummy to digest everything properly. So, they have two types of dropping. Those that are hard-ish pellets that are 'finished'... and... wetter, squishy pellets that they ingest again for a second go through the digestion track. Hope every one is enjoying breakfast. Tongue

Crosses bunnies off the potential pet list.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-01-2017, 04:50 PM
If the neighbor doesn't come looking for it then they don't give a damn.

If you keep it long term then you'll want rabbit food that has balanced nutrients, fiber, etc. For the short term fresh veg will do. They'll eat most vegetables (and many fruit) in a pinch but prefer some over others. I had a rabbit that thought its name was "celery". It would eat carrots but with no more enthuiasm than anything else. Celery vanished at an alarming speed. Dandelions too, though those likely aren't in season. We had the neatest lawn. Not a single damned yellow poison poppy in sight (allergies suck).

As others have mentioned, they chew. Everything. Including plywood and chicken wire. They have to or their teeth get overgrown so ask your vet about bunny chew toys. They also dig and they do it quickly, so if you keep them outside do not rely on well-buried chicken wire to keep them in as my father did to the sorrow of his garden.

They are a prey species so when frightened they run and hide, typically under furniture. If it's out and about then it's unconcerned and likely wants your attention. A scratch behind the ears is always welcome. Avoid sudden motions.

If your neighbors ask to keep their "boy" bunny with your boy bunny the answer is no, unless you want lots more bunnies.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
17-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Omg, you found a bunny!? That's so awesome! (^ヮ^)
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
17-01-2017, 05:07 PM
(17-01-2017 03:35 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I cant believe i just watched a bunny jumping competition. Weeping Blink Facepalm Hobo

You think that's bad, I've watched it three times. Bechased

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-01-2017, 05:10 PM
(17-01-2017 04:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 01:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  3) Bunny droppings. Bunny eat. They nibble a lot. Because they're herbivores and rather small they don't have a really long tummy to digest everything properly. So, they have two types of dropping. Those that are hard-ish pellets that are 'finished'... and... wetter, squishy pellets that they ingest again for a second go through the digestion track. Hope every one is enjoying breakfast. Tongue

Crosses bunnies off the potential pet list.

They're called "rabbit pellets" --- and no -- they don't come from Purina.......

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-01-2017, 06:22 PM
(17-01-2017 01:48 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No experience but I know that bunnies/rabbits have fast heart rates and can easily die from heart attacks, if they're frightened too much. At least I read that somewhere. Tongue

My sister had a bad temper and we had a bunny drop dead when she threw a temper tantrum and slammed a door.

'Murican Canadian
17-01-2017, 06:29 PM
A few years ago a mama bunny had her babies in our back yard...we didn't know it until our dog caught and killed one. The momma hauled out of here. We caught three of the bunnies and put them in a cage we had along with some litter I picked up at the pet store. I also got some pellets. But we had no plans to keep them. A dish of water and some fresh greens from the yard every day and they seemed to be happy and growing well. We handled them little. They doubled in size and we drove then up to a park by the lake. When we pulled in we saw other bunnies along the wood line. We opened the crate and they happily hopped off into the woods. I hope they did okay.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post