Found a pet bunny - anyone w/ bunny experience?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 06:40 PM
RE: Found a pet bunny - anyone w/ bunny experience?
Train it, properly! Shy

Evil_monster
[Image: wsWRr.gif]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
17-01-2017, 07:10 PM
May seem like a silly question, but are you sure it's a pet rabbit, not a wild one? We have rabbits who live in our yard. One was out last night as I drove home. It surprised me, because usually we don't see them much in the winter, but we have had this stretch of warmer than average weather.
17-01-2017, 07:16 PM
(17-01-2017 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A few years ago a mama bunny had her babies in our back yard...we didn't know it until our dog caught and killed one. The momma hauled out of here. We caught three of the bunnies and put them in a cage we had along with some litter I picked up at the pet store. I also got some pellets. But we had no plans to keep them. A dish of water and some fresh greens from the yard every day and they seemed to be happy and growing well. We handled them little. They doubled in size and we drove then up to a park by the lake. When we pulled in we saw other bunnies along the wood line. We opened the crate and they happily hopped off into the woods. I hope they did okay.

Something similar happened to us. The baby bunnies showed up in the fenced front yard, our dog's play space, and he killed one of the babies and fatally wounded another.
17-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Well, long story shirt - the neighbor came by looking for the bunny. We had it for a total of 9 hours and gave it lots of fresh spinach and parsley and a tiny bit of banana inside a paper towel toy my daughter concocted. I will be on alert for the bunny's welfare.

I wish we could adopt a bunny but the dog would definitely scare it - from all of your stories, it sounds like a bunny is not the right pet for this household!

I appreciate all of your advice!!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
17-01-2017, 08:21 PM
(17-01-2017 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A few years ago a mama bunny had her babies in our back yard...we didn't know it until our dog caught and killed one. The momma hauled out of here. We caught three of the bunnies and put them in a cage we had along with some litter I picked up at the pet store. I also got some pellets. But we had no plans to keep them. A dish of water and some fresh greens from the yard every day and they seemed to be happy and growing well. We handled them little. They doubled in size and we drove then up to a park by the lake. When we pulled in we saw other bunnies along the wood line. We opened the crate and they happily hopped off into the woods. I hope they did okay.

Hare's love our backyard because it's fenced so they think it was safe from predators (generally they're probably right). I once found a huge rabbit hole by the fence on our side...I'd see the mother hare disappearing under the bushes.

But I'd forgotten about our own great bunnie massacre a few years ago now, think it was 2014. We found like 10 baby bunnie bodies and a very satisfied hound.

I like to pretend that something else got them and our dog shoo'd that thing away, but I kinda doubt that's what happened. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-01-2017, 09:50 PM
While we're on the subject of rabbits, never get in the middle of two rival bunnies. They're freaking vicious.

'Murican Canadian
17-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Yes.

Eat it now. You won't be sorry.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-01-2017, 12:10 AM
(17-01-2017 03:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  My pet bunny died Sadcryface Not before peeing all over the car. The car never smelled the same again, especially on hot days. We always remembered that bunny.
If you can remove dead human smell from a car you can remove bunny pee. You just need to find the right people. Start by asking car detailing shops.

*Backs away slowly*...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-01-2017, 12:56 AM
For a bunny, you're going to need a large feather and a candle....

Oh hang on, this is about an actual rabbit?

Strewth. I buggered that one up again.

If you have apricot juice and capers, I know a good recipe....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.