Found this in a used book store...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 08:19 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Found this in a used book store...
So look at what I found in a comic/hobby shop that also doubles as a second hand book store. A hardcover edition of Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species', a Heritage Press printing from 1963. Near as I can tell, it's a copy of the Third Edition. Cost me all of $6. Big Grin

[Image: IMG_0093.jpg]

I always wanted a copy of this book, especially one heavy enough to beat a small mammal to death with. Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-11-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: Found this in a used book store...
I suddenly want that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-11-2013, 08:48 AM
So jelly Drooling

Though I have the graphic novel version, which is pretty sweet.
http://www.amazon.com/Charles-Darwins-Or...im_sbs_b_1
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
20-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Very cool.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
20-11-2013, 09:24 AM
(20-11-2013 07:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So look at what I found in a comic/hobby shop that also doubles as a second hand book store. A hardcover edition of Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species', a Heritage Press printing from 1963. Near as I can tell, it's a copy of the Third Edition. Cost me all of $6. Big Grin

I always wanted a copy of this book, especially one heavy enough to beat a small mammal to death with. Tongue

Nicely done! We have a large used book store in the town where I live; I think I'll go exploring!
I do have a copy of Darwin's works on my Kindle....good enough for now.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
20-11-2013, 02:09 PM
(20-11-2013 07:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So look at what I found in a comic/hobby shop that also doubles as a second hand book store. A hardcover edition of Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species', a Heritage Press printing from 1963. Near as I can tell, it's a copy of the Third Edition. Cost me all of $6. Big Grin

That's cool! Mind is a collection if four of his books in one. That one is huge. Now I want to look of an old leather bound one too. There has to be a bunch of them out there. Couldn't be too hard to find, I'd think.

22-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Damn, what a find!Thumbsup