Found two pictures that I felt compelled to post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2012, 04:09 PM
RE: Found two pictures that I felt compelled to post.
Organized and executed by German pagans, who despised Christianity.
(11-07-2012 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 03:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would even say that the Holocaust wasn't about religion.
And you would be so very wrong. It was heavily rooted in, and fueled by, the historical Christian attitude towards the Jews.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
(11-07-2012 04:09 PM)StAlesiterCrowley Wrote:  Organized and executed by German pagans, who despised Christianity.
No, largely carried out and enabled by German Christians. The military had "Got mit uns" on their belt buckles.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
The holocaust wasn't about religion?? The holocaust was everything about religion. You must have left your head at home today KC.

However, the Jews werent really hated because they were Jews. Well they were, but let me explain. After the German defeat in WW1, they needed somebody to blaim. A lot of the bankers in Germany at the time were Jewish, and they were accused of giving war bonds to the allies, so Germany had no money to fund the war, therefore they lost. And who was the person who was to spread this idea? Good ole Adolf Hitler. He blaimed the Jews, every Jew, for their defeat, and the German people went along with it because they finally had someone to point the finger at. Slowly through WW2 things for worse for the Jews and eventually the holocaust. They were never persecuted because of their beliefs, but simply because they were Jewish, and they were the cause of the loss in WW1.
11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
The hatred of the Jewish people far predated WWII in European culture. They were seen as the "other" in Christian culture, ever since there was a division purposely invented in the Second Century, to effect a divison between the predominantly Jewish culture, and the minority sect, inside it, called the "Way", which eventually became generally called "Christianity", starting with the Jews in Antioch, simply for the sake of division. Even as late as the 5th Century, St. John Chrysostom was working on making the divison stick, (see his sermons.."you must stop going to the synagogue" etc).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_X...nd_Judaism

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

11-07-2012, 05:02 PM
"There was provision for “Religion’ in the Waffen SS Soldbuch, the
choices being Katholic, Lutheran,or, vastly more preferable from a Nazi
point of view, “Gottglaubekeit”, that is a belief in God without any
allegiance to any established church.
Himmler “virulently
anti-church (Theodore Eicke was even more so), even though he adopted
many practical Jesuit principles in the organization and creed of the
SS, to such an extent that Hitler called him ‘my Ignatious Loyala’ after
the founder of the society of Jesus. This anti-Christian campaign was
never even nearly wholly successful and almost half the men in the
original Waffen SS regiments remained churchgoers despite peer criticism
and insult (the figure was only 31 per cent in the Totenkopfverbande)”
OSPREY WARRIOR SERIES, WAFFEN-SS SOLDIER"

- Bruce Quarrie & Jeffrey Burn

Himmler (anti- church) organized and led the killing of the Jews. He was the leader of the SS, who carried out and enabled the killings.
(11-07-2012 04:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 04:09 PM)StAlesiterCrowley Wrote:  Organized and executed by German pagans, who despised Christianity.
No, largely carried out and enabled by German Christians. The military had "Got mit uns" on their belt buckles.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
(11-07-2012 03:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Edit: as an aside, I would also like to point out the inaccuracies in her quote.

What!? Inaccuracies!? Big Grin

Yeah, it's not an argument, it's an appeal to emotion. People kill other people for the simple reason that they can.

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2012, 10:09 PM
(11-07-2012 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 03:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would even say that the Holocaust wasn't about religion.
And you would be so very wrong. It was heavily rooted in, and fueled by, the historical Christian attitude towards the Jews.

You'd also be very wrong about the Civil War. Sure it was about states rights, but Southerners and Northerners alike used the Bible to each support their opposing views. Both sides saw their cause as being ordained by God.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
(11-07-2012 04:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Yea, I am with Chas, in fact it was caused very indirectly by the Crusades.

(-----Warning, Long Historical Lesson coming up-----)

When the germans left to go on the crusades they would practice on the Jews on their way the "Holy Land". Then an organization formed in the holy land to help protect Crusader States called the Teutonic Knights. (I may be wrong on this part but they were formed somewhere) Anyways, after the crusades they went back to Germany and formed kingdoms. They terrorized the remaining Jews. Years go by and eventually the descendants convert to Lutheranism(Fun fact: A Roman Catholic organization becomes heretics). Well they go on to form the Prussian Empire and eventually Germany. Hitler Idolized them and even went so far as to name his invasion of Russia Operation Barbarossa( A Crusader King during the 3rd crusades who drowned in full armor when crossing a river to the Holy Land).

End (Note: some of the minor details may be wrong but basically, Killing Jews led to the Third Reich and Hitler.)

Also this:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX1KsudtmeJTKUp5JVMwg...J-koChFr8s]
Teutonic Cross

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg22c5KjpdbmwgEY7WpZV...L7rL2HcxTe]
The Third Reich's Flag.

Notice something?

Under Repair.
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 11:16 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
During the civil war there is no doubt bibles were waived as much as rifles for or against slavery. I would side with Erxo and say religion had a very big part. God could have easily said slavery was wrong knowing he could have prevented the civil war. Instead he let a ridiculous amount of men murder each other and finally decide on themselves that it is wrong.

God could have saved us a lot of time with that simple fix.

[Image: 575587_417345298318189_240919968_n.jpg]

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Even if you were to call the Jewish holocaust religiously inspired (don't forget ethnic Jews were also included) adding other holocaust victims such as Gypsies, pols, commies homosexuals, disabled, leftists and Jehovah's witness (even Hitler found them annoying) you double to triple the amount of dead. and that still leaves another 50 million war dead not caused by religious reasons.

P.S. I read Winston Churchill's the gathering storm and he summarized Mein Kampf by saying the Hitler believed that each nation was a fighting animal or machine and it would only be effective if all its parts worked towards a common goal. Jews lacking a country meant that they would be natural pacifists and therefore would not be willing to support the fight. (this explains the death of the gypsies and communists)

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

Up to the heretic, smack, smack, smack!
Down to the jail went Good St. Nick!

When people say WWJD just remember that flipping tables and whipping people is still a valid option.