Four-Way Stop Protocol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Four-Way Stop Protocol
I've been known to point and direct people out of them. Did it once, now I do it when there's doubt. Amazing what happens when you do things with authority.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
22-05-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Four-Way Stop Protocol
(22-05-2015 10:12 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  [Image: image.jpg1_zpsl93a8ofo.jpg]

OK, then these people are idiots. Both times the other day, the person who cut me off was coming from my left. So according to this rule, I had the right of way no matter how you look at it. Maybe it's better to just stay away from 4-way stops. The alternate routes aren't that much longer.
22-05-2015, 10:36 AM
(22-05-2015 10:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-05-2015 10:12 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  [Image: image.jpg1_zpsl93a8ofo.jpg]

OK, then these people are idiots. Both times the other day, the person who cut me off was coming from my left. So according to this rule, I had the right of way no matter how you look at it. Maybe it's better to just stay away from 4-way stops. The alternate routes aren't that much longer.

Yes you did. People are fucking rude.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-05-2015, 12:31 PM
most (American) drivers cant drive around a traffic circle and apparently don't understand a yield sign either.

I used to drive the kids to/from school. There were 3 circles on our route. 12 times a day I was going round a circle. 10 times a day someone would stop before entering the circle where there is a yield (to cars on your section of the circle). They would stop when no cars were there. 180 days in a school year.

I completely understand how people become road ragers.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-05-2015, 02:20 PM
(22-05-2015 12:31 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  most (American) drivers cant drive around a traffic circle and apparently don't understand a yield sign either.

I used to drive the kids to/from school. There were 3 circles on our route. 12 times a day I was going round a circle. 10 times a day someone would stop before entering the circle where there is a yield (to cars on your section of the circle). They would stop when no cars were there. 180 days in a school year.

I completely understand how people become road ragers.

If by circles you mean "roundabouts" those things are uncomphrenedable deathtraps as far as I'm concerned. I was in a maze of chaos the one time I drove up to Massachusetts. With several of those and blinking yellow lights ... which I guess are the equivalent of a yield sign but I had never seen before, confused me and my GF at the time kept finding it hilarious. I even made her second guess how to drive through those lights after see was driving around with me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-05-2015, 03:03 PM
(22-05-2015 02:20 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If by circles you mean "roundabouts" those things are uncomphrenedable deathtraps as far as I'm concerned. I was in a maze of chaos the one time I drove up to Massachusetts.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP