Four proofs of the nonexistence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 08:47 AM
RE: Four proofs of the nonexistence of God
(17-07-2017 08:42 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's misunderstanding of Hawking and Mlodinov book The Grand Design I think. As far as I remember they do not speak about proving, they simply have a theory.
Actually what they'd have would not be a theory, but a hypothesis.

I stress importance of using correct words so thanks for correction.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-07-2017, 10:23 AM
(17-07-2017 03:57 AM)Interaktive Wrote:  How to prove that there is no God?

I can do it easily in a few words; There is no God, or gods.

Additionally, there are no unicorns, angels, leprechauns, ghosts, or fairies.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-07-2017, 10:34 AM
(17-07-2017 08:44 AM)mordant Wrote:  It is impossible to prove or disprove a non-falsifiable hypothesis. Invisible beings and realms are, by design, non-falsifiable.

The most you can do (and it is enough) is to demonstrate that there is no substantiation for god claims and therefore no valid reason to afford belief to them. The the preponderance of any evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates a high degree of unlikelihood.

Wow I had to go through the entire first page before seeing this rather obvious point? lol thanks Mordant....

Also.... Maths have Proofs...... @The OP the word you're looking for is Evidence..... and well the "evidence" is a lack there of. What we have is evidence that no god or gods or goddesses or magical hamburger farting unicorns are required for the universe to exist, and evidence that shows that the universe is reliable and consistent which allows us to create various technologies like computers and airplanes. And the implications of even just that understanding are fairly far reaching.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
17-07-2017, 12:02 PM
I only needed 1.
It was the little tyke, (6 or 7) dressed as a mouse, little grey ears, long grey tail dragging on the floor, pushing his IV pole with chemo down the hospital hall, on Halloween, doing trick and treats on the kids cancer floor.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-07-2017, 03:55 PM
(17-07-2017 12:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I only needed 1.
It was the little tyke, (6 or 7) dressed as a mouse, little grey ears, long grey tail dragging on the floor, pushing his IV pole with chemo down the hospital hall, on Halloween, doing trick and treats on the kids cancer floor.

> A close friend of mine succumbed to cancer yesterday after more than a year of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Whenever I see people suffer and die that way, I know there is no omniscient, omnibenevolent God watching over us. Weeping
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
17-07-2017, 06:15 PM
(17-07-2017 03:55 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 12:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I only needed 1.

> A close friend of mine succumbed to cancer yesterday after more than a year of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Whenever I see people suffer and die that way, I know there is no omniscient, omnibenevolent God watching over us. Weeping

I know you've had to sit there and watch this unfold and I know how hard it's been on you. If you need anything at all you know how to reach me. I'm always here for you Gwaithmir

:hugs:

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
20-07-2017, 11:40 AM
[Image: 11130146_834243236645890_6730430103159478693_n.jpg]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-07-2017, 12:19 PM
(17-07-2017 05:27 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Proof there is no god:

"HEY GOD, ARE YOU THERE?"
*silence*

I've had one of these on my fridge for at least five years, and it's not twitched once.

Unless God is purposely only flicking the pointer when I'm not looking. Consider

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
20-07-2017, 12:23 PM
(17-07-2017 08:44 AM)mordant Wrote:  It is impossible to prove or disprove a non-falsifiable hypothesis. Invisible beings and realms are, by design, non-falsifiable.
It's not even a hypothesis if it's non-falsifiable -- it's just a speculation.

--
Dr H

20-07-2017, 12:27 PM
(17-07-2017 10:23 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 03:57 AM)Interaktive Wrote:  How to prove that there is no God?

I can do it easily in a few words; There is no God, or gods.

Additionally, there are no unicorns, angels, leprechauns, ghosts, or fairies.

So, what you're saying it that there ARE gnomes, gremlins, and wizards?

<ducks>
Big Grin

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post