Four proofs of the nonexistence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: Four proofs of the nonexistence of God
(20-07-2017 12:27 PM)Dr H Wrote:  So, what you're saying it that there ARE gnomes, gremlins, and wizards?

In actuality, there's probably more likelihood of them existing than the Christian god.

This is an actual photographic image of a gnome acting offensively captured in an English garden...

[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000135054690-large_trans_NvB...INpkg.jpeg]

It's unclear whether or not this is genuine, but to date there has not been one single photographic image of the Christian God published. This is despite the fact that he created both film and digital cameras. Also very strange that God's never posted one single selfie in the last couple of decades—in order to prove his existence to his naysayers.

Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
20-07-2017, 02:38 PM
(20-07-2017 11:40 AM)Impulse Wrote:  [Image: 11130146_834243236645890_6730430103159478693_n.jpg]

Fuck "god" this shit needs to end. and We need to be the one's to end it.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
20-07-2017, 06:11 PM
(20-07-2017 12:52 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 12:27 PM)Dr H Wrote:  So, what you're saying it that there ARE gnomes, gremlins, and wizards?

In actuality, there's probably more likelihood of them existing than the Christian god.

This is an actual photographic image of a gnome acting offensively captured in an English garden...

[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000135054690-large_trans_NvB...INpkg.jpeg]

It's unclear whether or not this is genuine, but to date there has not been one single photographic image of the Christian God published. This is despite the fact that he created both film and digital cameras. Also very strange that God's never posted one single selfie in the last couple of decades—in order to prove his existence to his naysayers.

Tongue

> "Well, I think that old cuss of a preacher lied like Dixie when he said that God has fought all of our battles and won all of our victories. Because, it that were so, why was it not in the papers, and why has He NOT been promoted?" (Sgt. Albinus Fell) Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
20-07-2017, 06:18 PM
It's been about seven years now and still no movement of the dial on my Yo, God! Detector. Smile
http://www.yo-god.com/default.asp
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
21-07-2017, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 08:09 AM by AB517.)
yup, you guys get it. the four proofs were not proofs. But the data we have does not lead any reasonable person, that cares, to a conclusion of omni god.. The rituals in religion, while often are ok for self help, are meaningless in describing how the universe works.

BUt something is going on and some people are looking for what explains the events we see around us. Religion doesn't have the answers, personal statements of belief often are based on filling in the pieces in large gaps of understanding, so offer little but self justifying conclusions via head nods and rep points.. And "practical" considerations are often just a person opinions on what some people want others people to believe in. err, yeah, I can get that from any fundamentalist-think theist no matter what they they state about a god.

What would be the best descriptor of the system we are in that offer an explanation to why many people feel that way, Offer a mechanism to the, not so random, random we see, and, most important, make correct predictions?

An anti-religious atheists is limited to the types of discussion they are allowed to partake in and conclusion they are allowed to hold. But all atheist understand that a belief statement(s) doesn't determine how the universe works. A knowledge statement that is superseded by a belief statement is a clue, to the thinking atheist, into real agenda of the not-so-much-thinking atheist. all one has to do is decide if a statement of belief about god (thats includes no god) determine their conclusions. Does religion hold such a tight grip on some people that they would deny, hide, or minimize valid conclusions about the system we are in because of a religion.

the "thinking atheist", in my opinion, only cares about getting right, to the best of our ability, to start a line of logic. "omni god" and "deny anything for scope, reason, and practical to me" are not reasonable. we can get those base axioms from any fundy-mentalist-think terd brain.
21-07-2017, 11:57 AM
(21-07-2017 08:05 AM)AB517 Wrote:  What would be the best descriptor of the system we are in that offer an explanation to why many people feel that way, Offer a mechanism to the, not so random, random we see, and, most important, make correct predictions?
Evolution and physics work pretty well for me.

Quote:An anti-religious atheists is limited to the types of discussion they are allowed to partake in
Really? By what or whom?

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
21-07-2017, 01:39 PM
God-of-the-gaps style thinking is arguing from ignorance. It's trying to fit the same old square peg into round holes. These days, we don't need God as an explanation for anything, just like we don't need our now-too-small sneakers we wore when we were kids.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
23-07-2017, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 05:30 PM by Cheerful Charlie.)
The problem is that there are numerous types of Gods one can hypothesize that could exist. Omni-everything creator god, deist Gods, Process theology God, pantheism, and nature gods and other polytheistic type Gods. But when it comes to examining claims about the natures of these different variety of gods, none can be proven to exist and many of them have good reasons to doubt their existence, due to various self contradictions and other logical problems.

Theists who argue in some vague manner about atheism still have to face the facts that God ideas have deep problems and don't seem to be coherent or sensible. The burden then is on the theists to show good, hard evidence that God exists and can be demonstrated to exist.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post