Fourth grader suspended for "terrorist threat", because of a ring.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Fourth grader suspended for "terrorist threat", because of a ring.
There's something called children's rights, some people and institutions should educate themselves on the matter.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 03:11 PM
(02-02-2015 03:03 PM)Blackout Wrote:  There's something called children's rights, some people and institutions should educate themselves on the matter.

"Protection from harmful influences, abuse and exploitation" I'd say being accused of issuing a terrorist threat because the kid thought his ring was magical falls into this rule. Also this one "the right to develop to the fullest" but it's Texas, they say everything is bigger in Texas. They certainly prove that by having the biggest number of idiots lol.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-02-2015, 03:16 PM
(02-02-2015 03:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 03:03 PM)Blackout Wrote:  There's something called children's rights, some people and institutions should educate themselves on the matter.

"Protection from harmful influences, abuse and exploitation" I'd say being accused of issuing a terrorist threat because the kid thought his ring was magical falls into this rule. Also this one "the right to develop to the fullest" but it's Texas, they say everything is bigger in Texas. They certainly prove that by having the biggest number of idiots lol.
Well that was just a wikipedia page, and additionally many declarations and laws about children's rights regulate how old you must be to face criminal charges (Usually it varies between 13/14 and 18 years old) - Terrorism is criminal activity, it is a serious accusation, to be called a criminal (literally) you must be old enough to face charges - But since it's Texas, from what I've heard, humane laws don't apply much (I see that when I look at the number of executed criminals, even though I'm not American).

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-02-2015, 03:21 PM
(02-02-2015 06:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You can thank the "Zero Tolerance" (an absurd concept - ask any machinist) for this kind of nonsense.

Any time you hear "zero tolerance" - you can assume the implementers of such policies could not find a realistic solution - so, they simply enact draconian measures.

It's what Nazis do.

It's damn lazy and chickenshit too.
Rather than inflicting a poor, overburdened school board with the duty of making an actual informed decision, they inact a rule that makes the decision for them.
They can then say "Don't blame us, blame the rule".
No-fault administration.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
02-02-2015, 03:23 PM
(02-02-2015 03:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 06:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You can thank the "Zero Tolerance" (an absurd concept - ask any machinist) for this kind of nonsense.

Any time you hear "zero tolerance" - you can assume the implementers of such policies could not find a realistic solution - so, they simply enact draconian measures.

It's what Nazis do.

It's damn lazy and chickenshit too.
Rather than inflicting a poor, overburdened school board with the duty of making an actual informed decision, they inact a rule that makes the decision for them.
They can then say "Don't blame us, blame the rule".
No-fault administration.

Geez, you want them to have to think? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-02-2015, 04:33 PM
That's the problem with zero tolerance policies. Schools aren't required to look at the circumstance. They just act first. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-02-2015, 04:53 PM
(02-02-2015 04:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's the problem with zero tolerance policies. Schools aren't required to look at the circumstance. They just act first. Facepalm

Ready. Shoot. Aim!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
02-02-2015, 06:37 PM
My precious!

[Image: tumblr_l9xbdeDCPA1qe4tx4o1_400.gif]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
02-02-2015, 09:22 PM
(02-02-2015 02:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 02:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  ...
I mean there's a difference between a kid thinking a magic ring will make someone disappear and believing there is a magical man in the sky that controls the entire world around us and will judge us upon death weather we are worthy enough for eternal happiness or eternal suffering.

Not to 5-year-old, there's not.

Show me the five year-old who thinks that anybody who doesn't believe in his imaginary friend should be condemned to eternal suffering and I'll show you a candidate for early intervention.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
02-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Gasp ..........

They should pay for this! Also the kid better give me my ring back!
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post