Fourth grader suspended for "terrorist threat", because of a ring.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Fourth grader suspended for "terrorist threat", because of a ring.
(02-02-2015 05:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  Even more funny:

Quote:the boy has been suspended three times already, once for calling a black classmate black, the other for bringing a book to school that had a drawing of a pregnant woman.

Edit: apparently the journalist who wrote the article can't count Rolleyes

What do you expect, it's polygon.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry....a little kid has been kicked out if school 3 times?
Once for calling a black kid black...that could be understandable. Different parts of the US have different rules about what is or isn't acceptable. When I was a kid black people were called "colored" anything else was considered racist. Not that I ever realized I had met one. There was a black girl in my class from k-3 and I never knew she was black until I looked back at the old yearbooks as a teenager Gasp anyways if he said like... "I hate you because you're black" that kind of changes things.
Once for bringing a book with a picture of a pregnant woman. That could also make sense I suppose if she was naked. Some people are weird about letting their kids see nudity ever. Maybe it was against the rules.
Maybe this kid is a bully and gets in trouble every day for intimidating other kids?

I don't know, but if your kid has been kicked out if school 3 times, it's probably a behavior issue with your kid and not an issue with the school. If it isn't a behavior issue, I'd say definitely put your kid in a different school.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-02-2015, 10:58 PM
(03-02-2015 08:18 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Maybe this kid is a bully and gets in trouble every day for intimidating other kids?

Quite frankly, this kid could be traumatizing half his classmates and the suspension would still seem stupid to me. If he's a bully, punish him for bullying people, don't slap a terrorist label on him for pretending. I might think differently if this was like kindergarten or something, but I'm fairly certain at fourth grade kids generally know rings can't actually make you disappear.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.