Fox Apologist Explains Harvey with God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 06:16 AM
RE: Fox Apologist Explains Harvey with God
(31-08-2017 03:23 PM)Loom Wrote:  Given the course of evolution I would think death would gradually be viewed as worse and worse--life is geared towards surviving. As early life forms evolved they became more complex. They developed nerves, pain receptors, tools that enabled organisms survive better but likewise made death suck even more. Furthermore, as social species evolved, populations that were altruistic and sympathetic and helped each other avoid death performed better than those that didn't. Death negatively affected the population, so obviously it was to be avoided, feared, even mourned as strong social ties had been broken. Just add a few million years and let it simmer.

There's no getting used to death as long as life cooks up different ways for it to suck.

Life is geared toward surviving long enough to reproduce. After that the body starts trying to kill itself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 06:25 AM
(01-09-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Life is geared toward surviving long enough to reproduce. After that the body starts trying to kill itself.

Not actively though. Just genes for diseases that kick in after reproduction has happened don't get weeded out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2017, 06:26 AM
(01-09-2017 03:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 02:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  Subtle as a hurricane apparently Dodgy

You know what gets me, is the drivel... I can stand sincere belief. It's when people come out with this kind of utter nonsense that I get grumpy. Fuck sakes man. It's not rocket science. Say some stupid shit about God and all that stuff by all means but for fuck's sake, don't come out with "God killed people to show his love" - that's... Facepalm that's fucking special. On the positive side maybe some of the loons who watch that stupid shit will dimly realise that that was a fucking stupid thing to say even by Christian standards.

This, this is how monotheism ruined everything. Things were so much more fun with a whole pantheon of gods, where you could just have morally grey deities, and even some designated assholes on the team. But no, not anymore, not when your single entity is supposed to maximally represent every contradictory aspect and human emotion in the most ass-backwards way possible. Rolleyes

Also, NSFW. Duh...

I hate that fucking excuse, "Bu bu bu, God stopped it, it was a test."

Bull fucking shit, if your boss or neighbor told you to kill your own kid, and you thought they were serious, sane people would be on the phone to the police.

A "test" is something you take in school or college. A "test" is something you take to get a job, or get on a sports team. Asking or demanding someone to murder someone else is just plane fucking sick and not even good for a metaphor.

But we are talking about a book all three of them, Koran, Bible, Jewish OT all written in an age of rival kingships where your survival demanded back then far more loyalty to your local ruling family. Point being, humans simply cling to the past and don't understand that that was then and this is now, and our morality has gotten away from authoritarianism in the west, and that we are much more human, or at least we should be, because skeptics dared to question the morality of old books.

Hitchens famously said of the Abraham Issac story, "If you asked me to kill my own child, my response would be , No! AND FUCK YOU!"

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
01-09-2017, 06:37 AM
(01-09-2017 06:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Life is geared toward surviving long enough to reproduce. After that the body starts trying to kill itself.

Not actively though. Just genes for diseases that kick in after reproduction has happened don't get weeded out.
"Life is geared toward surviving long enough to reproduce." That's how it is.

"After that the body starts trying to kill itself." That's what happens after you can't reproduce any more.
01-09-2017, 06:47 AM
(01-09-2017 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 06:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Not actively though. Just genes for diseases that kick in after reproduction has happened don't get weeded out.

"After that the body starts trying to kill itself." That's what happens after you can't reproduce any more.

At risk of being nitpicky, the point is your body doesn't actually *want* to kill itself, there's no particular benefit survival wise to doing so. Just that the gene for say... prostate cancer... never gets selected out, because everyone who gets prostate cancer has had a good shag and made lovely prostate-cancer-gene-switched-on babies before the cancer becomes a problem.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-09-2017, 07:33 AM
(31-08-2017 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:57 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  "Non-human" pet? As opposed to a human pet?

What ?
You have no humans to pet human pets ?
Even teachers have pets.

[Image: 38E84FD400000578-0-image-a-1_1475142901638.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
01-09-2017, 07:38 AM
(01-09-2017 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 06:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Not actively though. Just genes for diseases that kick in after reproduction has happened don't get weeded out.

Would it be that your body, of the human programming in our DNA, is to survive for a long as possible [Particularly males I expect] so you can A) reproduce and B) reproduce as much as possible? [Side note: not that this advocates sleeping about or anything, but you get the idea Laugh out load ]

This would be why human life expectancy keeps increasing, albeit very slowly.

Quote:Son of an owl!
01-09-2017, 08:00 AM
(31-08-2017 03:01 PM)TSG Wrote:  
Quote:Compassionate volunteers helped nursing home patients flee before the rising waters inundated their residences. Did the volunteers always act this compassionately in the past? Or did the enormity of the crisis bring their true design, based on God’s love, to the surface?

If I went out and did something terrible, and then praised all the people who tried to right my wrong, people would call me a monster and put me on trial. The double standard they extend to their god makes me makes me care nothing for any moral judgments they pass.

"Good" and "evil" under this paradigm are just different colored shirts people wear, so you can see what team they're on. The goodness of an action is determined by who is doing it, not by the action itself.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Well these dipshits are always saying "Want proof of God? Look around! Nature proves God!!"

So your god is a destructive asshole then?

The sad part is....many Christians would say a hurricane/tornado is proof at how powerful god is. If they hit an area like New Orleans, it's a judgement from god; if it hits a god-fearing good place like Houston, it's a "test" and "opportunity".

Go fuck yourselves you deluded idiots.
01-09-2017, 12:17 PM
(01-09-2017 09:34 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Well these dipshits are always saying "Want proof of God? Look around! Nature proves God!!"

So your god is a destructive asshole then?

The sad part is....many Christians would say a hurricane/tornado is proof at how powerful god is. If they hit an area like New Orleans, it's a judgement from god; if it hits a god-fearing good place like Houston, it's a "test" and "opportunity".

Go fuck yourselves you deluded idiots.

Hmmm, god reaaaaaally likes to show off on Io, then.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/