Fox Hosts Come Out For Gun Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: Fox Hosts Come Out For Gun Control
(19-06-2016 11:17 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 09:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  "Gun control types?" That is fucking laughable. Same fucking bullshit language used to demonize gays and minorities.

(19-06-2016 09:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Now ask me if I give one fuck about your gun fetish.
Drinking Beverage

Their gun fetish, I don't have one. Most of America including most gun owners want something done. But we have one industry and one lobby and a minority of gun owners who are obstructing any attempts at progress. Yes, that is what I mean by gun fetish. I am not the one ignoring the problem.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
19-06-2016, 03:18 PM
(19-06-2016 01:00 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 11:17 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

Their gun fetish, I don't have one. Most of America including most gun owners want something done. But we have one industry and one lobby and a minority of gun owners who are obstructing any attempts at progress. Yes, that is what I mean by gun fetish. I am not the one ignoring the problem.

I don't think you got the point I was trying to make. Consider

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
19-06-2016, 03:29 PM
(19-06-2016 03:18 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 01:00 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Their gun fetish, I don't have one. Most of America including most gun owners want something done. But we have one industry and one lobby and a minority of gun owners who are obstructing any attempts at progress. Yes, that is what I mean by gun fetish. I am not the one ignoring the problem.

I don't think you got the point I was trying to make. Consider

Your coffee cup emotocon came across as sarcastic. If I misunderstood please explain. I have been accused in the past when using the "gun fetish" line of having one myself, which is projectionism on their part, kinda like when theists accuse atheists of secretly believing in God when we know they are living the real delusion.

I simply didn't want to leave that unchecked. So exactly what did you mean in your response?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
19-06-2016, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2016 09:22 PM by Airportkid.)
(19-06-2016 03:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  So exactly what did you mean in your response?

You had quite rightly rejected a broad brush characterization of gun control advocates as a "type" - and immediately painted gun owners as having a "fetish". Just one more example of a pot criticizing a kettle blind to its own "potness" - these forums are littered with them. That's one reason ad hominem rhetoric usually fails in argument. Best to agree or disagree with IDEAS, not the idea-holders.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
19-06-2016, 10:50 PM
(19-06-2016 09:16 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 03:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  So exactly what did you mean in your response?

You had quite rightly rejected a broad brush characterization of gun control advocates as a "type" - and immediately painted gun owners as having a "fetish". Just one more example of a pot criticizing a kettle blind to its own "potness" - these forums are littered with them. That's one reason ad hominem rhetoric usually fails in argument. Best to agree or disagree with IDEAS, not the idea-holders.
[Image: bingo_gif.gif?w=870]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
20-06-2016, 12:10 AM
(19-06-2016 08:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 07:49 AM)Zeff Wrote:  ....Anyone can see the US gun culture harms the USA if they look at the question objectively, with detachment and without an agenda. ...

I hate the word "culture" use on any issue, even religious, race or economic views. It is a bullshit word used by humans to dodge real world problems.

There is a gun "culture" yes. But the word "culture" on any issue is simply a justification to avoid criticism. It stems from our species evolutionary pattern seeking. Once a group sees something as beneficial to a "way of life" that they are used to, that group will protect that "way of life" even to the point of being blind to any problems that "way of life" is causing in reality.

The bottom line is we make too many and they are way too easy to get a hold of. Only a blind person and or deluded person thinks the amount of gun violence in America is acceptable. But it is a flat out fucking lie that adding more guns to the streets will fix things...
I know what you mean. I often see the use of the word culture the same way, but I think the problem in the USA isn't political or evidential, but cultural. What other word is accurate?

The UK has a gun culture where enthusiasts privately own and shoot many sorts of firearms. What is different is that people here don't incorporate an extreme gun-culture into some daft ideology about individual rights, personal protection and limiting the power of central government. I can't see another word so apt in this case.
[+] 1 user Likes Zeff's post
20-06-2016, 04:49 AM
(19-06-2016 12:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 09:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  "bluster" is really all it is on the gun worshiper's part, unfortunately that "bluster" is well funded by the obstructionist NRA blood lobby.

"Gun control types?" That is fucking laughable. Same fucking bullshit language used to demonize gays and minorities.

So please explain to everyone here what would be so fucking wrong about reducing gun deaths? Yes, I am one of those "types". Now ask me if I give one fuck about your gun fetish.

How many times do I gotta say this ----

quoting myself ---

AND YET --

You still won't tell us your fantastic plan of how to limit the gun companies from manufacturing and selling all the guns they can................

How about it??????

grace us with your fabulous insights....

(or just keep bitching like a whiny little girl)

unquote....

I guess we'll keep getting the whiny little girl routine....

cuz you got nothing...

You have to be a dick, don't you? It's all you got, so you have to go with it.