Fox News!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Fox News!
Why am I always angry at the television? Oh I keep watching Fox News... anybody else feel extremely angry when watching Fox News as well?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2011, 10:02 PM
RE: Fox News!
(12-05-2011 08:46 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Why am I always angry at the television? Oh I keep watching Fox News... anybody else feel extremely angry when watching Fox News as well?

I can't even watch it without sound when it's on one of the TVs at the gym.
HuhAngry

I play CityVille, and I need you as my neighbor!
I need a job too, so that I can play CityVille less.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Being a collector of oxymorons, I have had this one in my collection for a long time..."Fox News".

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
14-05-2011, 03:04 AM
[Image: fox-5-16.png?w=299&h=253]

That's not what the ad says Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
15-05-2011, 07:23 AM
(12-05-2011 08:46 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Why am I always angry at the television? Oh I keep watching Fox News... anybody else feel extremely angry when watching Fox News as well?

This, in my opinion, is the beauty of Fox News. They are number 1. They feed hatred and anger - unfortunately among white middle aged men, and women.

Then there are those that watch to see what batshit crazy thing will come out of Hannity/O'Reilly/pick a moron's mouth next. Frankly, I can't watch it because it's bad for my blood pressure. The worst of it all is I know millions are watching lapping up this drivel like it's crack.

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2011, 08:37 AM
(15-05-2011 07:23 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  

This, in my opinion, is the beauty of Fox News. They are number 1. They feed hatred and anger - unfortunately among white middle aged men, and women.

Then there are those that watch to see what batshit crazy thing will come out of Hannity/O'Reilly/pick a moron's mouth next. Frankly, I can't watch it because it's bad for my blood pressure. The worst of it all is I know millions are watching lapping up this drivel like it's crack.

I agree. Fox New just plays off the fears and anger of a certain group of the population. My husband is a recovering Rush Limbaugh fan. He still listens to conservative radio at times which I call ANGRY WHITE GUY RADIO. LOL. They take white men and make them think that all their problems are caused by immigrants or minorities or women (feminazis) that are out to destroy the white man. They brainwash their listeners and tell them what to think. We get into regular arguments over some of the crap they try to pass off as the truth.
15-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I too, once hear Limbaugh on radio. In less than 5 minutes, I went from new fan to realizing this guy needed psychiatric help. That was the first and final time I ever listened to him.
"He's just a political entertainer, not someone intended to be taken seriously" That's what a friend of mine once told me when I shut his garage radio off while I was fixing his car. I told him I'd rather have a root canal and a spinal tap simultaneously than listen to that idiot!
The biggest problem with the news media today is the fact that everyone wants to put THEIR spin on it, instead of just reporting the news as it really is. I haven't been able to find a good news network, or source since I've been on the internet. They are all biased somehow, and it seems that I have to read several versions of the same story to try and get a grip on what really happened. I just can't find a source that seems truly unbiased!

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
15-05-2011, 01:22 PM
(15-05-2011 09:41 AM)blasphemy fan Wrote:  I just can't find a source that seems truly unbiased!

What does unbiased look like, though? How do you write up a story without putting some of your own spin on it? I don't see how that is at all possible. Bias is going to be inherent in anything that is written by someone. I just don't see anyway around that.

So, that said, I try to figure out what the basic facts are of a story and try to draw my own conclusions. Sometimes you need to look at more than one source to do that. One thing is for certain, though; it is impossible to not get someone's bias when reading a story they wrote.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-05-2011, 03:12 PM
(15-05-2011 08:37 AM)Raven Wrote:  
(15-05-2011 07:23 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  

I agree. Fox New just plays off the fears and anger of a certain group of the population. My husband is a recovering Rush Limbaugh fan. He still listens to conservative radio at times which I call ANGRY WHITE GUY RADIO. LOL. They take white men and make them think that all their problems are caused by immigrants or minorities or women (feminazis) that are out to destroy the white man. They brainwash their listeners and tell them what to think. We get into regular arguments over some of the crap they try to pass off as the truth.

LOL, I call it "Jerry Springer politics" because that's exactly how it is. They invite people on their shows only to harrass and insult them. They pretend fairness by inviting both sides, but the real reason is basically the same reason Jerry Springer would invite both the wife and the mistress of the douch bag of the day, so that they could tear each other apart while the single-digit IQ audience eggs them on.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
18-05-2011, 03:28 PM

I make an effort to avoid that which I know ahead of time makes me angry. Therefore, I never watch Faux news. Wink
Quote this message in a reply