Fox News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Fox News
(13-08-2014 04:07 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Don't hang me.. And I didn't read thread yet.. But I do think suicide is cowardice and selfish.. Ithis coming from a girl who was put on a straight jacket at a crisis prevention center in her teen years.. Depression is very selfish.. It's hard to see around it..it's hopeless and it drags you in.. But IMHO you
Have to learn to see the world as a bigger place than your own all conquering grief

Well, it's different when you're 60 years old, or whatever age Robin Williams was, and you've been diagnosed with a disease which will slowly kill you and take away the amazing mind that you've been born with. It's easier to recover from illness and life crushing disappointments when you're in your twenties or thirties but as you get older you loose options and choices. There's less time to recover and less room to maneuver in.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 09:44 AM
(12-12-2014 09:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 04:07 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Don't hang me.. And I didn't read thread yet.. But I do think suicide is cowardice and selfish.. Ithis coming from a girl who was put on a straight jacket at a crisis prevention center in her teen years.. Depression is very selfish.. It's hard to see around it..it's hopeless and it drags you in.. But IMHO you
Have to learn to see the world as a bigger place than your own all conquering grief

Well, it's different when you're 60 years old, or whatever age Robin Williams was, and you've been diagnosed with a disease which will slowly kill you and take away the amazing mind that you've been born with. It's easier to recover from illness and life crushing disappointments when you're in your twenties or thirties but as you get older you loose options and choices. There's less time to recover and less room to maneuver in.

this is the wrong thread for this -- and I must've done that months ago ( probly drunk )
but I feel like depression is depression no matter what your age - and the biggest obstacle is hopelessness - which means even if there is a viable option for what is ailing you - you cant grasp it

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
16-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Depression is a real mental disorder. Judging people who suffer from depression makes as much sense as judging people who suffer from cancer or diabetes. People don't choose to be depressed.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-12-2014, 09:23 PM
I wasnt meaning to judge - I'm more than aware it is real - I've suffered with it off and on my while life - which is why i feel the way I do

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
17-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Re: RE: Fox News
(16-12-2014 09:04 PM)BnW Wrote:  Depression is a real mental disorder. Judging people who suffer from depression makes as much sense as judging people who suffer from cancer or diabetes. People don't choose to be depressed.
I'm not saying anyone in this thread does, but you'd be surprised at the number of people who think we can just "will" it away. I had a buddy who would constantly say it's as easy as just deciding it's gone.