Fox News is crumbling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2017, 04:37 AM
Fox News is crumbling
First it was the accusations of sexual impropriety and harassment against the recently-deceased Roger Ailes. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/j...ent-claims

Then it was the Shouter-In-Chief, Bill O'Reilly, fired for sexual harassment: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...tions.html

Now it's Ben Beckel who's been fired. http://time.com/4786578/bob-beckel-fox-news-fired/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
20-05-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: Fox News is crumbling
It's crumbling once the settlement payments and losses in advertising get higher than it's revenue. Other than that, there's a sufficient amount of rightwing pundits to replace the goners. I think there's also a sufficient amount of fig leaf liberals to replace this one. I think, Liebermann got nothing to do right now.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
20-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Yeah ...I file this one under "wishful thinking" although the scandals will likely keep on coming since the "do as I say, not as I do" mindset seems to be a common element to all of their problems ("party of personal responsibility" and all). Their viewership is not only forgiving, but seems to thrive in the chaos; it's only when the advertisers pull out that they'd crash, and many of them would probably rather have the viewership than any obligation to ethics in any shape or form.
[+] 3 users Like Grauwyler's post
20-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Oh, no, what shall we do without Fox News Drinking Beverage

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
20-05-2017, 10:40 AM
(20-05-2017 10:35 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Oh, no, what shall we do without Fox News Drinking Beverage

Pray?Dodgy
20-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Careful what you wish for. "TrumpTV" might be the replacement network.
[+] 2 users Like Grauwyler's post
20-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Looks like they're mucking out the barn. Shephard Smith and Brett Baier are actually my goto newscasters these days.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-05-2017, 07:45 PM
You mean a bunch of angry old men are being exposed for being complete douchebags?

Shocking.

They will never go away because there are plenty of angry old men and women who give them their ratings.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
20-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Just wait, they'll get Milo Yiannopoulos on there and all the alt right cultists will jizz themselves.

21-05-2017, 07:43 AM
(20-05-2017 10:35 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Oh, no, what shall we do without Fox News Drinking Beverage

Breitbart. Duh.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post