Poll: Is Fox News a comedy channel, or a plauge opon the media?
It's funny as hell
It's unfunny propoagnda
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fox News, is it comedy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Fox News, is it comedy?
I do think it is hilarious, but I find myself cringing far more than laughing.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I can remember 20 years ago when Limbaugh was considered controversial, and he was pretty tame back then. He's considered main-stream these days. There has been a real shift in US politics when a guy like Obama (disclosure: I'm not a fan) is criticized as a far-left commie-pinko peacenik.
21-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Fox News, is it comedy?
Is Fox News any worse than the other state/corporate media?

They do the same shit: they pretend to be hard but they are soft as jello. Oreily and John Stewart are boyfriends now and do the same shit, they talk shit about x but when x is on their show its basically a love fest. Did anyone see John Stewart creaming his pants when he had former bush officials on show....fucking pussy and a fucking scam of a show.
21-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I would say that before the invention of the internet then everybody was reliant on getting news on current affairs from the TV and the Media, this is still true today to some degree but social networking and the birth of small independent news stations has started to spread the "other side of the coin"

Hilary Clinton talking about needing more funding because they are in a "information war"

Its not as if they (the media) lie though (all the time) they simply put one side forth with their own viewpoints and agendas to that country which is basically no matter how you dress it up "propaganda" All news outlets (including the alternative ones) are guilty of this.

In the UK the fox equivalent is the Daily Mail. Which is not only laughable from an editing point of view but is also guilty of promoting half truths. On a regular basis they have demonised people on benefits at a time when the goverment is cutting the welfare bill. There was a story about a woman who had many kids recently and they demonised her saying that she was having a house built especially just to house her and her children and that she was on enough money to be able to afford a horse. It later turns out that the house WASN'T being built especially for her it was being built by a housing association and they had asked to house her there. The family did have a horse but it was bought and maintained by some of her children that were old enough to work. Then today they print this.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...break.html

Read the best rated comments. Full of haters who see her as a parasite on society when in reality she is living on the breadline and it is her choice. She looks fat from lack of exercise and also I imagine from dining on all the cheapo reduced shit sold in the supermarkets full of additives and processed items.

Then we have wars. You only hear one side in the media about why "we" went to war with Qaddafi and also Saddam Hussein and you can call me a conspiracy theorist all you like but its just "coincidence" that both of these leaders were looking for alternative currencies on trading natural resources in anything other than the dollar and never succeeded because.... they were killed (Qaddafi in particular without a trial)

Syria.... the FSA (free syrian army) who are called "rebels" and not "terrorists". Yet they dont show the videos of the atrocities that go off on both sides. You don't see the FSA beheading soldiers without a trial. You don't see them torturing and murdering people dressed in non uniforms. You don't see them blowing army checkpoints up with IEDs and also killing innocent people and children whilst they are at it..... Ive seen it on Liveleak and other channels i'm not willing to share publicly. Of course the syrian army are not innocent as they run over dead bodies with tanks and do much worse things but you only hear one sided information from our media.

The chemical weapons deployed recently over there. With both sides (the SAA and the FSA) both calling for an inquiry into what happened.

Their is a war for information and your opinion. People are entitled to their personal opinions but none of us know the "truth" and are in denial that our western countries go to war with other countries and dress it up as "freedom" without considering the huge contracts for billions in reconstructing the countries they have already made billions from in producing weapons to destroy them in the first place.

Comic relief over here, mass media coverage of "charitable" donations made to the public to help countries that we sell arms to???? What the fuck.... the world is mad.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-03-2013, 05:45 PM
(20-03-2013 04:51 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Is Fox News and Bill O'Riley comedy gold? Or, should it be taken seriously over it's radical opinons? Vote, and debate if you feel like it
( yeah yeah, I mispelled propoganda)
In a 2003 lawsuit Fox News admitted that they lie and distort the news,
yet now they complain that the White House refuses to treat them like a
legitimate news outlet. In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an
assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or
falsifying the news in the United States. So why should anyone take Fox seriously about anything - or any other news agency for that matter?

What is more appalling are the five major media outlets that filed
briefs of Amici Curiae- or friend of FOX – to support FOX’s position:
Belo Corporation, Cox Television, Inc., Gannett Co., Inc., Media General
Operations, Inc., and Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc. These are major
media players! Their statement, “The station argued that it simply
wanted to ensure that a news story about a scientific controversy
regarding a commercial product was present with fairness and balance,
and to ensure that it had a sound defense to any potential defamation
claim.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/10/25...y-so-pissy

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stori...gally-lie/
21-03-2013, 07:22 PM
It's unintentional comedy.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
22-03-2013, 08:32 AM
The only time I ever see it is when it pops up in my youtube recommended scetion, where the people (atheists Tongue ) I'm subscribed to rag on it. Besides, I don't really do news, cause it ain't news; but sometimes I do science news on flipboard.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Propaganda is rarely humorous. Especially when it involves people who blindly believe it.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post