Fox News vs CNN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Fox News vs CNN
Normally I don't frequent USA media outlets.

Because of the Trump absurdities I have been checking out CNN an lately FoxNews to try and get some "balanced" perspective.

Now I don't know if CNN is biased towards the Democratic party. I know the vast majority of USA people on TTA would say that FoxNews is strongly biased towards the Republican party.

I am trying very hard to remain objective and cut through the crap.

A striking difference in CNN and FoxNews is with regards to their front page headlines.
CNN currently gives a lot of profile to the Russia/White House investigation. FoxNews currently gives a lot of profile to the Unmasking "investigaion".

CNN briefly mentions the Unmasking situation and claims "both Republican and Democratic lawmakers and aides have so far found no evidence that Obama administration officials did anything unusual or illegal, multiple sources in both parties tell CNN."

Were-as FoxNews claim that this thing is ramping up “We will be performing an accounting of all unmasking for political purposes focused on the previous White House administration,” a member of the committee told Fox News. “This is now a full-blown investigation.”

With regards to the Russia/White House thing CNN have posted an article on a prior warrant to investigate Carer Page acting as an agent of Russia.
"The FBI and the Justice Department obtained the warrant targeting Carter Page's communications after convincing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judge that there was probable cause to believe Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power, in this case Russia, according to the officials"
This seems like big news and yet the profile of this is low on FoxNews. Doing a search for Carter Page, I find this clip on FoxNews interestingly the Foxnews employee asks a question regarding "leaks" ut those interviewed rightly turn this into a focus on the actual issue at hand, the evidence for Russian collusion against Carter Page.

My early views of FoxNews is this. There appears to be some decent staff at FoxNews. The anchor guy Chris Wallace seems objective. It was also nice to see Shep Smith present a piece on Trump's habitual lying. So it does seem that there are stuff done by FoxNews people that show Republicans in a bad light, just that these pieces are difficult to find, certainly not on the front page.

Now with regards to CNN. Some of the articles about the current administration and the president appear to be hardly believable. All the lying, lying about inauguration attendances just seems stupid. The false accusations of wiretapping etc. These hardly believable articles makes CNN appear to be a conspiracy paper. But the thing is, these articles are true, the president is actually making these silly claims, actually making claims without evidence etc. In most civilised nations this would seem impossible, a president or prime minister doing these things.

So I can see why a Republican support can eat up Trump's claims that CNN is fake news.

Now if Republican supporters use FoxNews and Briebart and if Democrat supporters use CNN etc, then I can see why there is such a huge divide between the people of the US. Neither listening to each other, each thinking the other is wacko and insanely supportive of their political party no matter what.

It seems to me that a person in USA needs to make a great deal of effort in order to try and get a non political view (objective view) of what is going on in your country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Stevil's post
12-04-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Fox News vs CNN
Fox isn't allowed to call itself "News" in Canada. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-04-2017, 02:02 PM
CNN dosen' t do more then one story a month at beats it like a dead horse. They faulter on coverage and spend majority of them time letting ding bats talk.

FOX thou they like to say how fair and balanced they are is strongly republican. And any real news coverage they cover is ignored by their main demographic. (Seniors) Where as their opinion news is held on a higher platform.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
12-04-2017, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 02:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-04-2017 01:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My early views of FoxNews is this. There appears to be some decent staff at FoxNews. The anchor guy Chris Wallace seems objective. It was also nice to see Shep Smith present a piece on Trump's habitual lying.

Shep Smith and Brett Baier are proper journalists. They give Fox a bad name. Still can't believe Fox let's a gay guy do the news, must be making big bucks off him.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 02:35 PM
(12-04-2017 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 01:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My early views of FoxNews is this. There appears to be some decent staff at FoxNews. The anchor guy Chris Wallace seems objective. It was also nice to see Shep Smith present a piece on Trump's habitual lying.

Shep Smith and Brett Baier are proper journalists. They give Fox a bad name. Still can't believe Fox let's a gay guy do the news, must be making big bucks off him.
What's your view of Chris Wallace?
12-04-2017, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 02:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-04-2017 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Shep Smith and Brett Baier are proper journalists. They give Fox a bad name. Still can't believe Fox let's a gay guy do the news, must be making big bucks off him.
What's your view of Chris Wallace?

He's very good also. I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't watch any of them. He likes the idiots on Fox & Friends or whatever it's called. Although they have brought in Abby Huntsman on the weekends. I like her too.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 02:43 PM
(12-04-2017 02:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  CNN dosen' t do more then one story a month at beats it like a dead horse. They faulter on coverage and spend majority of them time letting ding bats talk.
Really? You don't watch that channel, do you.
Quote:FOX thou they like to say how fair and balanced they are is strongly republican. And any real news coverage they cover is ignored by their main demographic. (Seniors) Where as their opinion news is held on a higher platform.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
12-04-2017, 05:21 PM
(12-04-2017 01:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Now if Republican supporters use FoxNews and Briebart and if Democrat supporters use CNN etc, then I can see why there is such a huge divide between the people of the US. Neither listening to each other, each thinking the other is wacko and insanely supportive of their political party no matter what.
There is some truth in that; however, not everyone in the US is either a Democrat or a Republican.

Quote:It seems to me that a person in USA needs to make a great deal of effort in order to try and get a non political view (objective view) of what is going on in your country.
I think that is true here; I suspect it is true in most places.

For myself, I don't own a TV, and see very little of either FOX or CNN.

I do listen to a lot of radio, and I listen to both "conservative" and "liberal" programming on domestic stations. I also listen to a fair number of foreign new sources via shortwave. I supplement that with various newspapers, magazines, and web resources.

All, without exception, are biased. But they are biased in various different directions, and to different extents.
Getting real news isn't easy; you have to work for it.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
12-04-2017, 07:15 PM
(12-04-2017 05:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
Quote:It seems to me that a person in USA needs to make a great deal of effort in order to try and get a non political view (objective view) of what is going on in your country.
I think that is true here; I suspect it is true in most places.
Not true in NZ, I doubt it is true in Aus.
I'm thinking USA is the exception with regard to the free world, but I could be wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
12-04-2017, 07:58 PM
(12-04-2017 02:43 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 02:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  CNN dosen' t do more then one story a month at beats it like a dead horse. They faulter on coverage and spend majority of them time letting ding bats talk.
Quote:FOX thou they like to say how fair and balanced they are is strongly republican. And any real news coverage they cover is ignored by their main demographic. (Seniors) Where as their opinion news is held on a higher platform.

Really. I stopped watching after I caught on to the above trends. I'm surprised you haven't yet.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin